Head of Product Marketing
By trade we are a technology company, but if you ask anyone that works here, they’ll tell you we are a people company. AvidXchange is the industry leader in leader in automating invoice and payment processes for mid-market businesses. Founded in the year 2000, AvidXchange processed 9.5 million payments last year across its network of more than 500,000 suppliers, transforming the way 5,500 customers in North America pay their bills. AvidXchange is distinguished as a global fintech unicorn and one of the fastest growing technology companies in the U.S. with 1,300 employees in seven locations. Our employees live by our core values, including “Innovate to Change the Game, “Passion about Customer Success, “Win as a Team, “Play to our Strengths,” and “Have a Blast.” We are on a mission to create something different at AvidXchange. Come join the team!
AvidXchange is an equal opportunity employer. AvidXchange is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AvidXchange will not discriminate against applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but is not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age and physical or mental disability.
As the Head of Product Marketing you will lead a team of product marketing leaders that create and execute innovative go-to-market strategies to drive the commercial success of our product portfolio. This role will establish frameworks and direct processes that foster innovation across our product and growth organizations. To accomplish this, you’ll need to recruit and develop strong leaders who advocate for investments that you can synthesize into portfolio planning. In addition, this role will serve as the champion for defining the overall corporate strategic direction and be the key stakeholder for our growth product roadmap.
• Build and lead a team of product marketing leaders aligned with our product portfolios and go-to-market segments.
• Define the frameworks and structure of go-to-market plans to ensure they are effectively integrated across the organization.
• Ensure the commercial success of our product portfolio to solve valuable market problems that support corporate growth objectives.
• Serve as a champion in strategic growth planning processes in coordination with product management, corporate development, and executive leaders.
• Establish the vision for growth and shape the product roadmap based on strategic direction and competitive influences.
• Direct buy, build, and partner decisioning for our product portfolios and define measurable success.
• Coach product marketing leaders to ensure excellence in go-to-market execution and broader stakeholder understanding of vision.
• Direct business proposal processes for new product investments that solve valuable market problems for defined segments.
• Design key channel sales and marketing strategies in coordination with growth leadership to maximize our return on investments.
• Oversee product portfolio messaging to ensure highly differentiated and competitive positioning that maximizes our go-to-market effectiveness.
• 12+ years of experience in product marketing and/or product management or a related field
• 3+ years of experience in managing teams and developing talented leaders
• Proven experience building and leading marketing teams with demonstrated track record for launching new products and services
• Prior experience with Pragmatic Marketing or similar frameworks employed by leading product and product marketing teams.
• Proven experience working with direct, partner, and channel marketing and sales leaders to deliver business outcomes.
• Must be highly driven with a passion for developing talented teams.
• Experience with buy/build/partner decisioning with product management and corporate development teams (M&A)
• Demonstrated ability to gather and synthesize key inputs to drive business planning and strategy.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and able to coach others.
• Experience working for a software/technology or financial services company serving in markets such as real estate, construction, health, financial services, education, retail, services, franchises, and hospitality.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, finance, or a similar degree.
• Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) preferred.
• Typically requires a University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 12 years prior relevant experience.