On-Site Owners’ Representative (HIRED)
Coordinates successful project turn over and monitor all phases of the construction project between contractors, Grubb subcontractors and vendors, and GPI design and end user teams.
• Oversees and supervises subcontractors who are working directly for Grubb Properties; work by general contractor on shell building and site package; upfit work; CM upfit work.
• Coordinates with project design team; with tenants and end user (per project manager instructions); with property staff on affected properties; local municipalities; public utilities for projects; with owners’ subcontractors/vendors, testing agency, technology engineer, abatement contractors, etc.
• Manages field operation from job release to punch list completion; generate punch list and coordinate its completion.
• Develops and tracks schedules; participate in weekly On-site associated general contractors meeting for project.
• Procures construction pricing as needed and requested; review and approve contractor and vendor pay applications for project; and assist in preparing Monthly Reports.
• Writes work orders for projects outside the scope of the overall contract with the general contractor.
• Implements buyers’ finish selections.
• Inspects materials put in place by the general contractor to ensure they meet the project requirements and quality level.
• Settles field disputes and changes and approve change orders; resolve construction and design issues related to the project documents.
• Acts as owners’ liaison with project neighbors.
• Maintains a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
• Coordinates initial meetings with utility service providers and manages providers through draft service agreements through installation in the building.
• BA/BS degree in a related field with 5 years work experience in a related field.
• Results oriented, driven to succeed.
• Ability to establish respect among team members, motivate the team, be readily available, be decisive and persuasive.
• Flexible and adaptive.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, outgoing personality.
• Professional attitude with strong diplomacy skills.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
• Works in office setting as well as on construction job sites.
• Works under minimal supervision.
• Frequently moves about to coordinate work. Walks, climbs stairs, uses hands to test equipment.
• Wears hard hat on job sites.
• Drives vehicle to and from multiple sites.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.