Development Project Manager (HIRED)
Coordinates all aspects of design, financing and development of new or renovated properties.
• Coordinates all development activities of the project (Financial, Design, Construction, Lease Up/Sales and Marketing) with support from division heads and functional department.
• Assists in developing pre-development proformas and design concepts by interacting with project team.
• Works closely with the Construction Division to understand construction schedules and budgets.
• Works closely with accounting to set up and monitor budgets and approve invoices.
• Reviews the project’s financial feasibility based upon criteria of outside debt and equity capital providers through interaction with Financial Division head.
• Finds and presents architects and design consultants to create superior projects with help from pre-development.
• Seeks input from Property Management on design decisions.
• Acts as primary point of contact with 3rd party investors and bank lenders once loans are closed.
• Obtains approvals from local municipalities and work with design to create solutions related to conflicts created by zoning and permitting.
• Coordinates public utilities up to start of construction.
• Prepares monthly reports that include but are not limited to narrative, photos, schedules, cost logs, exposures and proformas.
• Works closely with Sales/Leasing, Marketing and Property Management teams to achieve stabilized occupancy.
• Maintains positive neighbor relations.
• Maintains a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
• Create project closeout manual if required.
• Assist in maintaining the “best practices” or “lessons learned” file after the completion of each project.
• BS/BA degree in Construction Management preferred.
• 5 – 7 years project management experience.
• Results oriented, driven to succeed.
• Innovative and searches for better methods and new ideas.
• Flexible and adaptive.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, outgoing personality.
• Ability to establish respect among team members, motivates the team, be readily available, be decisive and persuasive.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
• Works in office setting.
• Works under minimal supervision.
• Frequently moves about to coordinate work and climb stairs.
• Frequently visits construction sites, requiring the use of a hard hat.
• Frequent travel to job sites/construction sites. Requires valid driver’s license and own car.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.