Corporate Sales Manager
Established in 1976, EastCoast Entertainment (ECE) is the largest full-service entertainment agency in the country. Our artist roster is extensive, from comedians to original and cover musicians, celebrity talent, and performing artists. We book talent for every type of event imaginable, including festivals, corporate and private events, weddings, and university events. Today, ECE specializes in booking entertainment and producing custom events from coast-to-coast and around the globe.
We love what we do. Our passion for entertainment drives us to be the best in the industry. We can’t wait to share this passion with you.
EASTCOAST ENTERTAINMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
EastCoast Entertainment seeks a Corporate Sales Manager to act as the company’s chief executive over location and line-of-business growth. The Sales Manager reports directly to the Executive Committee and collaborates with the Operations Manager and Marketing to achieve sustained revenue, stability, profitability, and value growth.
Our preference is to locate the position in one of our principal offices if possible, however we are open to other locations depending on the candidate, with relocation possible.
• Develop strategies for location-based sales growth and work directly with Location Managing Directors to implement and measure performance on strategy.
• Develop Line of Business sales strategies to educate all agents within our locations, working closely with Line of Business Managers to train and distribute information.
• Recommends changes, as may be required, to the company’s governing documents, CORE program, policies, sales practices and organizational structure to the EC.
• Collaborate with Marketing to ensure correct use of branding in all sales materials and tactics.
• Develop budget for sales activities, monitor spend, and measure return on investment activities.
• Effectively forecast sales goals by location and line of business. Develop quarterly reports of key insights based on these forecasts.
• Develop deep understanding of our lines of business, including seasonality, client profiles, preferred product and deliver insights to the EC and Corporate team.
• In conjunction with Line of Business and Location Managers, nurtures current talent within those roles, identifies future talent for those roles and oversees hiring and training of new hires.
• Participate in planning and operational meetings with locations and lines of business.
• Meet with the EC quarterly in person to deliver key business updates and review ongoing projects and initiatives.
• Prepare regular updates to the EC and Corporate team, including current and projected revenues, market risks, market strategies and opportunities for revenue enhancement.
• Conduct and coordinate performance reviews with location and line of business managers. and serves as primary executive reviewer.
• Review compensation program and provide recommended adjustments as needed.
• Work closely with Marketing in understanding ongoing efforts of the EastCoast Entertainment brand, including goals, activities and performance.
• Collaborate with the Artist Services team to understand impact on sales of full services provided to our exclusive artist roster, including production of promotional materials.
• Work closely with IT and technology team to influence necessary updates to CRM database to further sales close rate.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• The Sales Manager must have a strong business acumen, a broad understanding of the company’s operations, substantial experience in leadership, an acute understanding of how to drive revenues and maximizing profits, being strategically creative and someone who possesses a desire to place the company’s needs above their own.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Masters or equivalent professional experience desirable.
• 10+ years in sales, with preferred 5 years in Sales Leadership role.
• Ability to travel 25% or more as needed.
• Must possess excellent communication and leadership skills.
• An individual who will be quickly viewed as highly credible, and as someone who will be accepted as a mentor and coach to our experienced LOB and Location leaders
• Experience in the recruitment and retention of sales talent.
• Experience developing, executing, and measuring sales strategies for geographical and line-of-business based growth.
• Proven track record of results in both on and offline sales tactics.
• Data-driven performer, obsessed with analytics and able to present insights for all levels of analytical understanding.
• Firm understanding of planning sales budgets and managing sales team activities.
• Driven by solutions and efficiency.
Salary + potential for incentives. Opportunity for executive career growth; top notch health, dental and vision insurance; Excellent work-life balance.