Skipper is on a mission to revolutionize the dog parent experience through a single, trusted brand and end-to-end platform. We are the pioneers of Skiptown, the place for pups and their people. Skiptown is the first-of-its kind, tech-infused, private, off-leash indoor/outdoor dog park, bar, and dog care facility.
The pet services industry is ready to be disrupted and we are leading the charge. Come join our team of dog lovers and help us change the world for the modern dog parent.
We are looking for an HR Generalist to serve a critical role in executing our people initiatives, provide unparalleled team support and drive HR functional excellence.
The ideal candidate is someone who makes an impact and adds value, always. They proactively go after fixing problems and finding solutions and thrive in an environment where uncertainty is the norm. They have a passion for the employee experience and dogs (obviously).
• Serve as a resource for internal customers (employees), providing information on HR processes and programs; manage the HR inbox and respond to employee inquiries, escalate inquiries as appropriate
• Provide support to service line managers advising on employee relations, discipline, and performance management
• Maintain data in the HRIS system (Paychex) ensuring the accuracy of the information including benefit enrollments, status changes, hires, terminations and pay changes
• Process bi-weekly hourly payroll
• Facilitate annual benefits open enrollment process and coordinate worker’s comp claims
• Create and deliver training on HR systems and communicate with employees about HR updates
• Track and report on HR metrics and expenses
• Maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times
• Coordinate office celebrations including birthdays, anniversaries, theme days, team outings and the annual holiday party.
• Conduct exit interviews
• Manage the quarterly culture survey; sending to employees and compiling and presenting results
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources, psychology or related field
• 2-3 years of progressive HR experience in a Generalist role
• A high attention to detail (check 3 times, submit once!)
• Self-Motivation: You pride yourself on seeing and doing what needs to be done without being micromanaged
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
• A positive, solution-oriented team player mindset: You focus on the success of the group and work hard to contribute to that success
• A strong work ethic driven by a sense of urgency
• Outstanding organization skills: You color code your calendar, your crayons, your socks
• Challenging work with a side of adventure!
• Competitive compensation
• Medical, Dental and Vision benefits (Vision is free – because we want you to see what you’re doing)
• Dog-friendly workplace (dogs at work…every single day)
• Unlimited PTO & paid holidays
• Purple swag. Lots of purple. We’re serious. You should really like purple.