Director, Marketing and Communications
Carolina Breast Friends (CBF), the “Pink House”, is an amazing nonprofit dedicated to serving breast cancer Survivors in the greater Charlotte community. CBF works to strengthen the well-being of women and men who are living with breast cancer. From instructional sessions to 1:1 mentoring, the programs we offer at the Pink House uplift, educate and empower. We are often the first stop once someone is diagnosed—a safe landing place with a ready network of support. But that is not where it ends. Survivors at any point in their breast cancer journey will find community and activities here to help them rise stronger.
There is no cost for our services. We provide more than 30 programs a month covering topics including support, education, wellness, self-image and nutrition. We also provide wigs, hats/scarves, bras, prostheses and comfort bags. If you are looking for a wonderful team and a dynamic place to work, please consider applying for our Marketing and Communications Director Position.
• Develop and execute an integrated strategic marketing/communications/public relations plan to achieve organization objectives by advancing CBF’s brand identity, increasing awareness of its programs and priorities and increasing its visibility across the greater Charlotte community.
• Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including but not limited to, newsletters, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, annual reports, brochures, special event programs, and the CBF website.
• Manage social media and digital marketing strategy for all CBF programs and event promotion.
• Expand and build media relationships and create media exposure for CBF.
• Identify unique and cost-effective ways for CBF to communicate with its target audiences through social media.
• Work with Development staff and Development Committee to create materials to cultivate and recognize donors.
• Create plan to capture educational content, (i.e. video, live streaming), from CBF programs to help expand CBF’s reach beyond the Charlotte community and provide educational content to Survivors unable to attend CBF programs in person.
• Communicate CBF’s impact by gathering stories from Survivors, donors, volunteers and other community stakeholders. Share stories through social media, newsletter and website.
• Prepare speeches, press releases, magazine articles, scripts, promotional materials and fact sheets as needed.
• Capitalize on opportunities such as National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Cancer Survivor Month and other national campaigns to promote CBF’s role in supporting breast cancer Survivors throughout the greater Charlotte community.
• Develop plans and budgets for the marketing/communications/public relations activities based on CBF’s strategic direction. Monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
• Develop metrics to evaluate the success of communications activities and initiatives. Produce and analyze data and reports as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• 3-5 years’ experience required in marketing and communications, preferably in nonprofit organization.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated attention to detail.
• Experienced user of Microsoft Office, Adobe, WordPress and Constant Contact
• Knowledge/experience preferred in Blackbaud products
• Good organization and time-management skills.
• Desire to work as part of a dynamic team.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references, via email to email@example.com.
For more information about Carolina Breast Friends, also known as the Pink House, visit our website carolinabreastfriends.org.