Human Resources Director
AccessOne is a leading provider of flexible, co-branded patient financing solutions. We were the first company of its kind to offer affordable, patient-friendly payment programs to all individuals and families regardless of credit history, with no threat to the consumer- no credit reporting, fear of collections or hidden fees. At AccessOne, we understand patient consumerism. Recently, AccessOne was recognized as a Category Leader and ranked #1 in patient financing by KLAS Research.
Headquartered in Fort Mill, SC, AccessOne has helped over 1 million consumers afford out-of-pocket medical expenses for health systems nationwide. Through its extensive network of hospitals and health systems in 39 states, AccessOne offers the most comprehensive platform in the industry with funding models that help more providers and programs that reach more consumers. All patients qualify for our program with no credit reporting or negative outcomes. Founded by providers, AccessOne’s solutions provide a consumer-focused experience that drive high patient satisfaction for its clients.
AccessOne has in excess of $300 million in assets under management and services its provider clients and patient consumers through its operations centers in Fort Mill, SC and Springfield, Oregon. AccessOne has approximately 150 employees.
Reporting to the CFO, the Human Resources Director will direct and lead the people functions of this rapidly growing business. The role will be both operational and strategic. The successful candidate will take ownership of the functions and support the CFO in managing the company’s payroll and other HR functions while maintaining the company’s culture, planning for growth, and developing key leaders. S/he will also take a hands-on role in recruiting, talent management, and compensation and benefits.
The Human Resources Director will support the business needs to ensure the appropriate resources are on board to achieve the company’s strategic goals. S/he will collaborate effectively with the company’s other executives to ensure the people needs in their respective functions are anticipated and met.
In the early going, the Director will manage various outside third-party relationships and leverage internal operations personnel to deliver the business’s human resources needs. Additional staff (particularly in recruiting) will be added as prudent and appropriate in the coming months.
• Develop and implement human resources strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy, with the particular perspective of the impact on people
• Manage the recruitment and selection process in a company with robust growth targets
• Support the development of the organization by building robust HR routines and processes
• Develop progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to attract talent in a competitive environment and provide motivation, incentives, and rewards for effective performance
• Nurture the company’s culture which values diversity, pace, nimbleness, and problem-solving
• Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital
• Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization
• Report key human resource metrics to provide decision support
• Ensure legal compliance throughout the human resource management
• A track record of success in human resources roles at fast-paced, growth-oriented, technology- enabled companies; experience as a human resources executive is required
• Leadership skills; must possess the confidence and communication skills to garner support, challenge the status quo, drive newly developed human resources processes and policies, and set a cultural tone in a rapidly growing and changing operational environment
• Particular strength in managing recruiting and on-boarding in a high growth environment; must bring a demonstrated knowledge of the tools and relationships necessary to build a pipeline of talent for the company
• Robust comfort level across the spectrum of HR functions including employee relations, employee engagement, talent acquisition and retention, succession planning, comp and benefits, performance evaluation, training and development, policy development, and compliance
• Broad knowledge of all relevant human resources laws and regulations
• Strategic orientation; will have played a role helping other senior executives plan for growth and success with employees central to those plans; must have the confidence to appropriately disagree with the CFO at times and the humility and team orientation to fall in line when decisions are made
• A demonstrated ability to serve as a strategic partner to the executive management team that provides company leadership and direction
• Comfort in a fast-paced culture with a bias toward action; must bring a sense of urgency; must embrace AccessOne’s core values; must be a trusted-advisor
• Problem-solving skills; will take ownership of the function and possess pride for excellence; must have demonstrated an ability to tackle situations head-on, determine the critical path, and drive to successful resolution
• Team orientation; must have demonstrated an ability to work in a team-based environment and develop a function that operates in support of an organization with multiple objectives
• “Hands-on” style; must be comfortable as a “player-coach” who can dig in and get things done; high energy and solid time management and organizational practices
• Outstanding communication, listening, and interpersonal
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.