Foundation Manager, NASCAR Hall of Fame
The Charlotte Regional Visitors Authority will leverage our hospitality marketing and management expertise to maximize the impact of the Charlotte Region’s economy…creating opportunities and jobs for our community.
The Foundation Manager will design and implement comprehensive strategies to identify, cultivate, and solicit annual, major, and principal gift donors in collaboration with the NASCAR Hall of Fame as part of the CRVA. The successful candidate will be a visionary, self-starter who can develop plans to support the mission of the NASCAR Hall of Fame (NHOF). Among the main responsibilities will be fundraising, grant writing, event execution and scholarship deployment. The end objective is to assist and support various NHOF programs such as the education experience and the preservation of the history of NASCAR.
You’ll be responsible for fundraising and maintaining the scholarship program of the NHOF Foundation. Initially, this position will not have supervisory responsibility. Over time, this position should develop a proposal for the growth of the NHOF Foundation team and will have supervisory responsibility at that time. Staff growth will be dependent upon funds raised to support any increase in staff.
• Raise funds through a mixed blend of regional and community corporations, NASCAR industry foundations and individuals, regional foundations, grant writing and direct giving.
• Develop strategically targeted and comprehensive strategies to include corporate, foundation and government grants.
• Develop short-term opportunities and long-term strategies for fundraising.
• Execution of existing and new fundraising events.
• Reviews and maintains operational policies, practices, and procedures of the foundation.
• Maintain the foundation database with the Tessitura Development tracking system.
• Monitor fundraising, expense and scholarship budgets, to ensure reconciliation, and oversee the forecast process.
• Research funding sources and trends, with oversight to help position the NHOF ahead of major funding changes and trends.
• Execute the distribution of foundation funds and evaluate the effectiveness or programs and allocated resources.
• Develop agendas, talking points, and presentation materials for necessary Board of Directors meetings.
• Take a leadership role in collaborating with others in the community to increase the foundation’s exposure.
• Attend fundraising and networking events.
• Work with the NHOF team to identify synergies and collaboration opportunities with current and prospective donors and grantees.
• Work with the NHOF team to identify overall funding needs of the NHOF programs including education, research and preservation.
• Collaborate with other CRVA staff in conjunction with the CRVA Educational Foundation.
• Local Charlotte region knowledge desired.
• All other duties as assigned.
• 7 years of experience planning, organizing and executing fundraising activities
• 7 years of experience effectively managing donor databases
• Proven experience in meeting Fundraising goals
• An established network of potential donors located in Mecklenburg and surrounding counties
• An effective communicator with demonstrated written, presentation and facilitation skills
• Business competency: applies data to assess business effectiveness and efficiency and acts in a fiscally responsible manner
• Proven quantifiable success, individually meeting fundraising goals
• Bachelor of Arts/Management or Science degree in related field
• Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in professional development/fundraising
• Demonstrated experience and visionary success in developing fundraising and donor relations programsExperience in educational related fundraising and programming is desirableKnowledgeable of fundraising databases and tracking systems
• Excellent commu
• Strong organizational and time management skills, and attention to detail
• Strong collaboration skill, flexible and ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside the NHOF and CRVA
• The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 15 pounds
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
• While performing the duties of this role, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear
• The noise level in the work environment is usually light to occasional moderate
• This job requires frequent local and regional travel and infrequent distance and overnight travel
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.