Associate Manager, Media (HIRED)
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Associate Manager, Media is responsible for tactical implementation and management of paid media programs for our portfolio of iconic brands. As a subject matter expert, the Associate Manager will work with the internal media team and our Media Agency of Record to implement and optimize insights-driven media plans. A key area of focus will be to continue the growth momentum on several Snacks brands by bringing forth performance-driven media plans. This includes building strong measurement plans to drive in-campaign optimizations and in-year results. S/he will also be responsible for sharing out performance results with internal stakeholders to keep everyone informed throughout the paid media flight.
This is a hybrid, omni-channel role with oversight of all media channels. It is critical for the Associate Manager to be a self-starter with a natural sense of curiosity about all aspects of media and a bias towards action. Adopting a well-informed “test, learn, optimize” approach to media plans will be critical to success in this role.
Another key component of this role is a strong focus on media operations and project management. The Associate Manager, Media will work closely with our agency partners and cross-functional internal partners to manage timelines, flowcharts, and billing among other operational activities.
Within our matrixed organization, it will be key for the Associate Manager, Media to build strong working relationships within the integrated marketing team and consumer insights teams as well as with each brand teams s/he supports. S/he must have the ability to flex to work with partners who have varied levels of media experience within the marketing organization. As such, translating the complexity of today’s media landscape will be a core part of this role.
The Associate Manager, Media will report to the Associate Director, Media. S/he will have day-to-day responsibility over Charlotte-based brand tactical plans. This role will also support other brands based on our team’s “flow to the work” philosophy. S/he will help manage our media agency of record teams as well as multiple media partner teams on custom programs and technology builds.
• Strategic Comprehension, strong ability to pick up and understand paid media and brand strategies in order to implement best in class tactical plans and optimizations.
• Activation, drive tactical plan development and implementation including project and timeline management; prioritize attention to detail and challenge our agency and internal teams to raise the bar an discover new ways to breakthrough, driving stronger results via real time optimization.
• Collaboration, ability to build strong working relationships among a broad group of internal stakeholders; seamlessly shift between leader and partner roles.
• Analytics & Insights, synthesize data from disparate sources to identify insights to inform and optimize in-market media plans.
• Business Engagement and Collaboration, work closely with the Integrated Marketing team and key marketing stakeholders to implement integrated paid media plans inclusive of emerging media technologies and trends.
• Change Agent, understand when to challenge the status quo as well as when to push for success through the ‘tried & true’, driven by an unrelenting focus on performance.
• Financial & Budget Management, ensure in-flight optimizations are reflected correctly on financial documents including pacing and flowcharts; partner cross-functionally to make sure media billing is being managed in a timely, detailed manner.
• Partner Management, identify, evaluate and manage relationships with agencies, media companies and media analytics and technology vendors.
• Experience with a mix of linear & digital media channels
• Experience building and implementing mass & targeted media approaches
• Experience working within highly matrixed organizations and on integrated, cross functional teams
• Proven ability to build strong working relationships within team and across an organization
• Proven ability to manage external partners
• Proven ability to execute simultaneous projects with excellence
• Strong knowledge of external media marketplace (today & future)
• Strong understanding of project and media timeline management
• Strong understanding of media technologies and systems
• Strong communication skills (written, verbal and listening) and proven collaboration skills
• Bachelor Degree in Marketing or Related Field preferred
• 3+ years Media experience, working with both linear & digital media, activation & performance optimization
• Regional or local media experience an asset
• Managed media budget(s) across multiple brands/sub-brands, client or agency side
• Proven ability to achieve results in a highly matrixed organizational structure
• Willingness and ability to travel for key business and industry meetings
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.