Entry Level Marketing/Graphic Design Assistant
Zippity Outdoor Products manufactures a wide variety of maintenance-free products for the backyard, including fencing, privacy screens and mailbox posts. We primarily sell through dot com channels and you can find our products on large reseller sites such as amazon.com and homedepot.com. Zippity operates with WamBam Fence which sells fencing products through dot com channels nationally. See our products at zippity-outdoor.com and wambamfence.com.
We are a fun-loving group of people who takes our work seriously but not ourselves. We enjoy working together in an open-concept environment and encourage collaboration between people and teams. Sometimes if one team is really busy, other teams/people will pitch in to help to get things done. There is no such thing as “it’s not my job” here.
We subscribe to the 2 Second Lean principle (check it out on youtube) and have fun trying to continuously improve our processes and the way we do things. We have been known to have fun at work and outside of work doing things like dressing up for Halloween, bake offs/cook offs, growing a garden, and even the occasional football game. Don’t let this scare you- it’s all optional!
Marketing sounds jazzy, and it can be, but a lot of it is simply grinding it out. We are seeking an entry level marketing assistant who can help our online presence across many different platforms. This will be done by generating, compiling and uploading great content that will be viewed by hundreds of thousands of people. Our ideal candidate has a great blend of right brain/left brain thinking and is someone who can “get ‘er done”. An aptitude for graphic design is highly preferred, proven either by experience or formal training. In this role, you will have influence over our marketing and branding.
In short, we are looking for a team player and someone who will jive with us in our growth environment. We have no problem teaching the right skillset but need someone who is a quick and fast learner and intuitively understands marketing and has a passion for it. We take our product seriously, but not ourselves too seriously, so you need to be light hearted and fun, yet not be afraid of hard work. Our company is slightly zany and whimsical, and we’re not a typical corporate outfit. You are not going to be tightly managed or asked to follow rigid guidelines, so you must be a self-motivated person who can figure it out. If you meet the above criteria, enjoy grass roots entrepreneurialism, a light hearted work atmosphere, and like to be able to “roll up your sleeves and pitch in”, we might be a good fit for you.
• Has an interest in and an eye for graphic design (proven by experience or education)
• Knowledgeable in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
• Understands online marketing and branding
• Highly creative yet able to “get things done”
• Is ideally suited to working in a small business where you will be required to wear many hats. The flip side of this is that you will also have tremendous influence on our brands and marketing.
• Have a deep understanding of our different brands and how we bring them to market
• Involvement with the product development team to have a good understanding of the features and benefits of the products we will be launching
• Help launch new products on websites such as: Amazon.com, Houzz.com and Walmart.com
• Work with our designer to create product installation guides in Adobe InDesign
• Generate PDFs to educate the consumer such as line drawings and specs
• Coordinate image generation with our professional photographer, managing this entire process
• Be the quarterback for our in-house lifestyle photography team to ensure we get great shots
• Build out marketing copy
• Light to mid-level photo editing and resizing
• Bi-annually send out marketing brochures to recruit new customers
• Build out direct email marketing campaigns
• Generate social media posts and monitoring for both brands
• Occasionally design catalogs or other one-off projects
• Help manage reseller sales accounts as either a support role, or graduate into the lead if interested
• Light PR on our company as a whole to attract new employees, investors, etc.
• Highly executional- has a proven ability to get things done efficiently, quickly and accurately
• Intuitively understands “good marketing”- i.e. a good image from a bad one, good copy from bad copy, etc.
• Highly creative
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Ability to multi-task
• Technical, as our installation guides and products require a technical bend
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Loves to help people
• Loves to solve problems
• Ability to think “outside the box”
• Graphic Design
• Able to navigate a computer and Windows quickly and efficiently
• Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Illustrator, PhotoShop, and InDesign
• Degree related to marketing, specifically graphic design
• Online marketing experience
• Experience with email marketing
• Video editing
• Product development interest
Monday- Friday, 40 hours a week, with some flexibility on start/finish times
Salary varies based on education and experience.
Zippity Outdoor Products offers 2 weeks of paid vacation plus 5 days PTO, health care options and 401K options.
Candidates who are serious about being selected to move forward to the next step should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following:
• Answer the questions: Why are you interested in working at Zippity Outdoor Products? What is the last book, movie, documentary, project, or person that inspired you?
• Send some examples of graphic design work you have completed (does not have to be a professional application- pet projects are fine)
• Resume submission with questions and example of work. Resumes submitted without answer to questions will be automatically disregarded.
• STEPS: job application filled out; request for video submission telling us about yourself; phone interview; and face to face interview