Senior Marketing Associate – Corporate Communications, Marketing and Outreach
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us/atrium-health.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Assists with developing system wide marketing and communication initiatives and coordinates activities that build awareness of the organization’s brand and drive growth to services among target audiences with specific emphasis on goals and priorities.
• Serves as a representative for Atrium Health and for the Corporate Communications, Marketing & Outreach team; coordinates and executes System-wide initiatives and provides excellent customer service in all interactions.
• Collaborates with the Manager(s) and other department leadership; using research and insights, assists with creation of measureable programs aligned to business goals that focus on driving awareness, consideration, selection, retention and loyalty among target audiences.
• Begins to identify trends affecting projects and Atrium Health; shows interest in competitive/marketplace dynamics.
• Understands clearly component tasks and their relationship to the broader focus of the project; begins to lead initiatives.
• Interfaces with departments across the organization, with senior staff and with other critical functions staff as needed and as appropriate on issues and matters related to the goals and priorities of the organization.
• Prepares narrative explanations of analyses as appropriate and begins to contribute to project final deliverables. Provides regular progress updates and suggests potential solutions to project barriers.
• Actively supports a culture of teamwork, collaboration, learning, innovation and accountability across all work units within the department. Shares information and skills with other associates.
• Takes advantage of opportunities for self-improvement; contributes to annual goals and professional development plan.
• Enforces and manages the organization’s brand identity and adheres to brand guidelines.
• Begins to establish and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholder audiences, including, but not limited to, community members, patients, clinical and nonclinical employees, volunteers, and others.
• Represents Atrium Health in a professional manner at internal and external functions, including community events, public relations activities, and professional organizations.
Works primarily in office environment. Occasional evening and weekend work. Position requires walking around campus and/or other facilities. Must be able to drive and have access/use of a personal vehicle. Requires reading materials, speaking clearly on the telephone, and operating computer keyboard. Occasional lifting of documents or supplies.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as public relations, communications, journalism or business required. Master’s degree preferred. Minimum 3 years experience required. Must be able to work quickly under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects at once. Excellent written and verbal skills required. Ability to set clear goals and execute projects from start to finish.