Why does moving have to be so hard? Oh yeah it doesn’t – smart people hire someone else to move for them. Well, lucky for me, I get to spend all day moving to my new apartment in South End. At least I’ll have this rainy weekend to relax. Someone do the rain dance!
Eat & Drink
- Dim Sum Chinese Restaurant – If you saw yesterday’s article in agenda then you read about this Central Avenue Chinese restaurant. Don’t know about you but I’m definitely trying it this weekend. Saturday lunch date anyone?
- Ales for Autism – Head over to NoDa Brewing this Saturday to support the second annual Ales for Autism benefiting Autism Charlotte. Win some raffle items, enjoy live music, and grab some food at the KO Food Truck. $20/$40; Saturday, 4/25; 5-9 pm
- Queen’s Cup Steeple Chase – Have you ever been to Carolina Cup in Camden, SC? If so, you probably don’t even remember seeing the race or a horse. Here’s your chance! Saturday, 4/25
General admission badges go on sale April 1 at Harris Teeter. Badges are $45 thru the 14th & increase to $50. They are $75 at the gate race day. Please remember over 12 years must have a badge. #queenscup #20years #badges
A photo posted by Queen’s Cup Steeplechase (@queenscup) on
- Zipline & Dine – Hit up the Whitewater center this weekend to take a 2 hour ropes course through the trees. It’s all topped off with a fireside dinner and craft beer. $75
- FreeMoreWest 5K – If you are looking to blow off some steam after a long week then register for the 5K tomorrow night. Not interested in running? Grab a lawn chair and enjoy the food trucks and local beer. Friday, 4/24; 6 pm
- Lenny Boy Yoga – Have you heard of vinyasa-flow yoga? Yeah, me neither. Learn all about it this Saturday while enjoying a Lenny Boy Kombucha. $5; Saturday 4/25; 10 am