Digital Media Specialist (HIRED)
The CRVA works to deliver experiences that uniquely enrich the lives of our visitors and residents. Through leadership in destination development, marketing and venue management expertise, the CRVA leads efforts to maximize the region’s economic potential through visitor spending, creating jobs and opportunities for the community. Brands supported by the CRVA include the Charlotte Convention Center, Spectrum Center, Bojangles’ Entertainment Complex, NASCAR Hall of Fame, Charlotte Film Commission, Visit Charlotte and Visitor Info Centers.
The Digital Media Specialist is responsible for creating, scheduling and deploying content across the CRVA’s 15+ social media channels, websites and digital marketing initiatives. This position will require a creative approach to content generation, a detailed knowledge of the ever-shifting digital landscape and an ability to tell compelling stories across varied digital platforms that spark audience engagement and action.
• Supports content creation across CRVA’s 15+ social media channels spanning Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube and LinkedIn (images, video and written).
• Supports content creation across CRVA’s digital platforms, including brand websites and e-newsletters.
• Assists the Brand Manager, Digital Media in the management and vetting of a social media influencer database.
• Assists in the outreach and engagement of digital influencers, with a focus in the categories of travel & tourism, lifestyle and family-friendly influencers.
• Participates in the expansion of community and influencer outreach efforts locally and regionally to promote signature Charlotte events, attractions, restaurants, hotels and overall quality of life.
• Identifies relevant user generated content (UGC) and engages creators on social media to secure permissions for reposting, blogging, sharing on CRVA channels/platforms.
• Works with Marketing/Communications team members to ideate and execute Welcome Gifts for artists and performers at Bojangles’ Entertainment Complex.
• Assists with the ongoing tracking, analysis and reporting of CRVA social benchmarks through monitoring and maintaining an ongoing social dashboard.
• Assists with the coordination of creative asset and multimedia development for social media channel and website usage with Marketing/Communications Creative Services.
• Collaborates with the Digital team to update and craft new content for brand websites.
• Monitors online review websites including Yelp, Trip Advisor and Google and provide customer support on behalf of CRVA brands when necessary.
• Serves as a resource for CRVA social media brand channel communities, providing customer support and feedback to promote CRVA channel engagement and growth.
• Collaborates with the Brand Manager, Digital Media to expand the breadth of content offered across social brand channels (i.e. giveaways, promotions, sponsored posts, insider coverage, video, etc.)
• Participates in social content generation meetings with CRVA brand teams.
• Proactively seeks out and engages potential customers via CRVA social channels to promote CRVA brands encourage visitation to CRVA venues and the Destination.
• Provides on-site, live, up-to-the-minute coverage for event-specific needs pertaining to CRVA brands on social platforms.
• Staffs programs and events at CRVA venues and external locations as needed.
• Provides after hours support for CRVA social media channels on a rotating basis with other members of the Digital team.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in communications, marketing, journalism or related field and three to five (3 – 5) years of experience in social media channel management and content creation, communications and/or digital marketing; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with social media account management platforms such as Khoros, social media analytics software and tools, and content management systems such as Drupal.
• Demonstrated portfolio of social media platform management and content creation/writing skills.
• Impeccable writing and editing skills with strong attention to detail for fact-checking and double (and triple)-checking work; especially pertaining to crafting compelling posts and tweets for social media channels.
• A keen eye for photography assets that work for digital (i.e. iPhone photographer extraordinaire).
• Proven track record of creative and innovative thinking.
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
• Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to work independently and take direction.
• Possess a knack for research.
• An aptitude for critical thinking and strategic analysis.
Travel Required. Ability to travel (1 – 3 work trips per year), work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.