PR Account Director
LGA, one of the Southeast’s leading independent, fully integrated communications agencies, is looking for a strategic PR pro who can develop integrated programs, drive creative thinking and apply a mix of traditional and non-traditional skills to serve a diverse range of clients. The ideal candidate will have a track record of building strong relationships and exceeding client expectations while also managing resources to ensure agency profitability. Prior experience working with or for a PR/communications agency is a must, along with a positive attitude, spirit of collaboration and commitment to continuous learning.
• Maintain positive client relationships by addressing their needs and identifying opportunities to help achieve their business goals
• Develop and execute earned media and other visibility programs, often in collaboration with counterparts from creative, digital, content and other communications disciplines.
• Identify and maintain relationships with key targeted media, bloggers and other influencers.
• Stay abreast of client industries, issues and trends to develop sound, informed PR recommendations.
• Develop methodologies for measuring and reporting on the effectiveness of agency campaigns that align with clients’ business goals.
• Develop and manage account budgets to maximize client value while delivering reasonable returns to the agency.
• May supervise junior-level staff.
• College degree required, preferably in public relations, journalism, communications or a related field.
• Minimum 10 years of prior full-time public relations experience, preferably in an agency setting.
• Demonstrated knowledge of traditional, social and media, with an emphasis on what makes a good story and how to achieve visibility for agency clients.
• Strong organizational, project and time management skills with a high level of attention to detail and resourcefulness.
• Familiarity and/or hands-on experience with PR management software platforms such as Cision or Meltwater, database tools such as Lexis/Nexis, and existing and emerging social media platforms and analytics tools.
This position offers competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity for career advancement with a growing company.