Training The Street (TTS) offers state-of-the-art, instructor-led courses in accounting, financial modeling and corporate valuation for finance professionals. Founded in 1999, TTS is the world’s leading financial learning services company offering targeted and customized training courses to corporate and educational clients. Through the use of highly effective, intuitive teaching methods in an interactive, multimedia setting, our mission is to teach you the everyday valuation techniques and financial modeling skills that experienced professionals use at work so you can use them the very next morning. Please visit us at www.trainingthestreet.com.
The staff accountant joining our team will be responsible for reconciling and analyzing the activity for the company’s retail lines of business. This position will report to the Controller, and will be an integral part of the company’s operational team. This position requires the ability to perform data analysis and raise appropriate questions, to balance priorities and workflow to meet changes and new business initiatives, and to operate well in a self-starter oriented entrepreneurial environment.
• Analyze and reconcile inventory and retail activity schedules.
• Reconcile retail receipts.
• Analyze and reconcile 3rd party agreements.
• Prepare journal entries for retail transactions.
• Assist with month end close.
• Analyze and reconcile company credit cards and employee expense reports.
• General accounting and office support as needed.
• Respond to retail customer issues.
• 4 year degree, excellent communication skills, solid knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Accounting experience is a strong plus.
• Experience in a service company is also a plus.
• Self starter – resourceful and able to work independently in an entrepreneurial environment.
• Detail oriented, flexible, timely accountability for projects.
• Positive and diplomatic attitude when handling client requests.
• Must have a solid work history, good credit, and clean criminal history.