Senior Java Developer
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally’s legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Ally’s Information Technology (IT) organization is focused on supporting and improving the position of our industry-leading business franchises through cost effective, innovative IT solutions, as well as overseeing critical functions that enable the day-to-day operations of the entire Ally Financial enterprise. IT is also responsible for the administration and execution of information protection, disaster recovery and IT risk management.
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
Are you a highly skilled Java developer that thrives in an Agile team environment? Do you love to code in leading edge frameworks? If you view yourself as an innovative programmer who can bring new ideas and share them with your team, we want to hear from you. At Ally, we are constantly striving to provide great experiences for our rapidly growing customer base, and we are looking for highly talented engineers to join us on our mission. We believe the fundamental strength of our team lies with our people, and in this role, you will get to show off and grow your technical chops as a Java middleware software engineer.
• Collaborating with others. You will be doing a lot of this, so you have to like people and enjoy working alongside your teammates; we succeed because our team work.
• You are going to have to get into all parts of the code, and of course implement a lot of it, so you will need to know your Java cold.
• With your solid hands on experience with implementation of tried and true modern design patterns, you’ll be developing world class software for our world class customers.
• Being trained on our foundational technology including OpenShift, Camel, AMQ, and Data Grid; you will also be taught High Availability techniques; how to write resilient software. In short, we’re going to invest in you to make you a stronger Java developer.
• Being passionate about your work, your teammates’ success, and our customers’ needs.
• Having at least 5 years of engineering quality middleware solutions using JEE (Spring)
• REST API and/or SOAP Service Development experience
• Experience with Git and Continuous Integration (CI) systems
• Linux Shell Scripting
• Splunk, App Dynamics, Java Profiling tools
• Red Hat OpenShift, AMQ, Data Grid, Fuse
• Apache Camel, CXF
• Integration with third party Rest/SOAP API’s
• PL/SQL, RDBMS, Data Modeling
• SOAP UI, Postman, REST Assured
• Knowledge of Microservice architecture
• Banking experience — deposits, payments, money movement
• Ally’s compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals
• We have a flexible paid-time-off program including time off for volunteer opportunities
• Industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions
• Wellness program encouraging healthy living with financial rewards
• Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
• Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
• Pre-tax commuter benefits
• Other work-life integration benefits including parental and caregiver leave, adoption assistance, backup child and adult/elder day care program, child care discounts, tuition reimbursement, LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs