Media Outreach Specialist
LendingTree is the nation’s largest online lending marketplace. That means we connect customers with multiple lenders so they find the best deals on loans, credit cards, savings accounts and insurance. Our goal is to help people save money, and we believe the best way to do that is by giving them a way to shop for loans and compare lenders so they make their best financial choices.
Our CEO Doug Lebda founded the company in 1996 after a frustrating house-hunting experience. In those days, we mostly helped people find good mortgage deals. Now, we help consumers find their best in personal loans, auto loans, business loans, student loans, credit cards, savings accounts, home equity loans and more.
What else you should know: We’re a publicly-traded company (TREE); we’ve welcomed several other companies into the LendingTree family to augment our efforts at helping borrowers make their most sensible financial choices; we’ve built the LendingTree app and My LendingTree dashboard to give consumers tools to manage and monitor their financial health.
We still make funny commercials.
We’re a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial bend. We work hard and test our products often. We’re collaborative, ambitious, candid and high-energy. Our teammates are some of the brightest, most talented people you’ll ever work with. We care more about your smarts than we do about the kinds of clothes you wear (but please, do wear clothes to work!), and we’re pretty good about rewarding innovation, creativity and the knack for just getting stuff done (we even have an award for employees called the GSD, “Get Stuff Done”).
LendingTree is looking for a hardworking Media Outreach/PR Specialist to be at the forefront of positioning the LendingTree brand as a thought leader dedicated to making personal finance accessible, insightful and entertaining to consumers. We’re looking for a go-getter who is eager to learn who enjoys working with a motivated team. You’ll spend most of your time building relationships, cold pitching, securing interview opportunities and content promotion.
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with key members of the media, especially related to personal finance topics
• Work with online publishers, bloggers, editors, journalists, government agencies and more to earn media placements
• Capitalize on current events by pitching our experts and content to relevant outlets and media contacts
• Help manage PR plans for several financial products: Plan, develop and execute PR campaigns for specific product lines (i.e. savings, investments, credit cards, home equity, student loans)
• Create editorial calendars for specific products; develop proactive PR pitches in line with calendar
• Coordinate with product and analytics teams to build media relations content across several different products; Identify and create newsworthy content opportunities
• Conduct extensive media outreach including press releases and/or media pitches
• Manage and maintain calendars (editorial, press conferences, events, awards etc.)
• Manage media contact lists across a variety of subjects, outlets, publications and mediums.
• Track and develop reports on media coverage, applying PR metrics and analytics
• Participating in brainstorming sessions to generate proactive and reactive press opportunities
• Research media coverage and industry trends and prepare briefing materials when necessary
• Applicable Bachelor’s degree
• 1+ years’ relevant experience; agency experience preferred
• Attention to detail with excellent proofreading, fact-checking, editing skills and perfect grammar
• Experience writing press releases and pitches
• A real passion for writing with a strong sense of voice and tone, with an understanding of what the media would find interesting and newsworthy
• Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, balancing multiple projects
• Ability to work independently with little to no supervision
• Excellent interpersonal skills