Manager, Taxonomy (HIRED)
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on safe, affordable housing and careers in the skilled trades. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
The primary purpose of this role is to lead efforts for requirements gathering of enterprise level product data and hierarchy and taxonomy management with an emphasis on sales and marketing attributes – to ensure the most effective information is collected about products Lowe’s sells. This position plays a fundamental role in ensuring products are organized to their optimal potential for ease of searching across channels. The Manager is the primary strategist for controlled vocabulary for all Lowe’s product marketing data and is responsible for the overall categorization of products, as well as ensuring collection of the most appropriate attributes for internal and customer facing requirements. The Manager will also have primary responsibility for supporting Lowe’s initiatives by collaborating with key business stakeholders to ensure that the business requirements regarding product data are met, including educating others on how to access and use product data and how to ensure compliance with all product data standards. The Manager leads a team of direct reports and is responsible for inspiring, managing, and developing team members.
• Ensures products are associated into the correct categories and that all vital attributes are collected for categorization
• Oversees project management of all Product Specific Selling Attributes (PSSA) categories
• Monitors adherence to project completion goals and monitors execution of re-collected information
• Partners with Online Merchandising, Category Experience, and cross-functional teams to define business needs, develop requirements/project plans and provide implementation oversight
• Drive requirements gathering efforts for projects and propose alternatives and solutions as needed.
• Understand the business case behind all projects, including the motivating factors for all stakeholders, and collaborate with cross-functional team members to ensure projects address related issues.
• Establishes and reports on metrics of assigned projects to determine ROI
• Represents the Online Merchandising function in business process evaluation, systems requirements and functional design
• Audits and evaluates implemented projects to support continuous improvement
• Leads and guides direct reports. Inspires, manages, and develops team members
• Ability to create and manage enterprise scale taxonomies
• Proficient in business process evaluation and procedure development; Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of all tools, processes, methodologies and standards for requirements gathering, documentation and analysis.
• Knowledge of Master Data Management – Knowledge of best practices and skill in ensuring the uniformity, accuracy, stewardship, semantic consistency and accountability of the enterprise’s official shared master data assets
• Knowledge of operational business systems (e.g., Sterling, Siebel, SVOC, PCM, PIM, WCC, Synaptica, CDW, eCommerce, etc
• Ability to define the measurements and appropriate tolerances for a specific set of data, utilized in a specific manner and measure compliance towards specific goals
• Change management experience
• Previous experience leading people
• Experience or in-depth knowledge of retail merchandising and/or logistics; possesses cross functional retail knowledge.
• Strong communication, analytical, organizational, leadership and teamwork skills; Demonstrated experience in process improvement and/or SDLC and project management methodology
• PC proficiency, including knowledge of worksheet, word processing, project management and presentation applications
• Bachelor’s Degree with a focus in Business, Marketing, Finance, Computer Science or related field
• 4+ years’ experience Online / Retail Merchandising / Vendor Management / Supplier Relationship Management / Data Management
• 1+ years’ experience leading others
• Master’s Degree – MBA or related field
• 2+ years’ experience with project management, preferably in retail
• 2+ years’ experience with managing retail/ merchandising process improvement projects
• 2+ years’ experience in-depth understanding of taxonomy, controlled vocabulary, and product data
• Retail/ merchandising experience
• Large-scale data analysis and demonstrated ability to identify key insights from data to solve business problems
• Machine learning techniques and artificial intelligence concepts
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.