Under the direction of the Vice President of Marketing & Brand Strategy and consistent with the Christian mission of the YMCA, the Marketing Director – Impact & Development is responsible for the marketing strategy and execution of social responsibility (volunteerism; diversity, inclusion and global) and financial development (fundraising) initiatives for the Association with a heavy focus on marketing support for fundraising events and sponsorship. The role will develop donor and volunteer marketing and communication strategies to support donor/volunteer development, cultivation, recognition and retention, as well as lead strategic storytelling efforts. The role will also lead the development and implementation of a cohesive, high-quality marketing and communication plan that includes paid mass media, digital, web, social media, collateral and point-of-purchase (POP) merchandising that supports both the branches and the Association. In addition, this role assists with production and design, writing, editing and proofing content across all marketing mediums.
Salary Range is $17.48-$21.85 (based on experience).
• Collaborate with Y Association teams and branches to support and develop integrated marketing and communication plans and campaigns that drive donor, sponsor and volunteer acquisition, engagement and retention; demonstrate impact; and position the Y as a nonprofit leader in our community
• Develop and execute marketing strategy and tactics to support Association and branch fundraising events, including driving attendance (promotional materials, digital assets, community outreach, etc.), developing sponsorship recruitment materials, fulfilling sponsorship benefits, storytelling (script writing, AV presentations, impact signage, programs, etc.) and attendee/sponsor stewardship
• Closely partner with Association financial development team to develop, streamline and execute sponsorship benefits for events, youth programs, etc.
• Collaborate with social responsibility team to support and develop integrated marketing and communications plans and campaigns that support the Association’s diversity, inclusion and global initiatives
• Closely partner with Association marketing teammates (member experience, program experience, digital and merchandising) to strategically align messaging and communication and leverage cross-promotion opportunities
• Help inform and execute a strategic, measurable digital integration strategy that leverages and drives a high-quality donor and volunteer connection continuum
• Lead and manage creation of high-quality, targeted materials and messaging and ensure Y-USA brand standards (voice, messaging) are met
• Manage project processes and timelines to ensure marketing work stays on track
• Develop and manage administrative budgets
• Develop, create and edit high-quality content in a timely way, within brand standards that is appropriate to specific marketing channels
• Work with Association marketing and PR/communications teammates to develop strategic stories and coverage opportunities for the local media
• Partner with financial development and social responsibility teams to collect timely and accurate information in order to effectively market, recruit and steward
• Track and monitor marketing analytics and provide timely updates
• Partner with financial development and social responsibility teams to help manage communication, input and insight to strengthen marketing, fundraising, volunteer recruitment and storytelling
• Attend and support branch and Association events, as appropriate and serve on appropriate committees and sub-committees as determined by supervisor
• Build relationships and confidence with branch teams through high-quality work and execution, on-site presence and scheduled meetings and updates
• Attend and contribute to key meetings in the branch, community and Association
• All other duties as determined
• Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
• Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and
perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
• Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to
another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
• Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an
openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
• Four-year college degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or related field.
• Minimum of five to seven years of experience in development and execution of tactical marketing plans to support special events as well as donor and volunteer acquisition.
• Exceptional interpersonal, presentation, written and oral communications skills; proven public speaking skills and experience leading meetings and project teams.
• Strong time management and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to discern appropriate priorities and consistently meet deadlines.
• Proven track record of efficient and high-quality project management.
• Ability to thrive and make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to represent the YMCA in a professional manner.
• Demonstrated success in budget development and management.
• Demonstrated competence with Microsoft Office and Photoshop and the ability to become proficient in Association-specific software.
• Experience developing and executing sponsorship benefits.
• Sit for extended periods of time
• Ability to work a 40-hour week with irregular work hours
• Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate
• Ability to travel as needed
• Ability to communicate in English, written and oral.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.