Do you enjoy creating work that has true impact? Are you driven by a desire to see projects launched flawlessly? Do you look to improve with every new project? Are you motivated by working in a supportive environment with a collaborative culture? If so, we’re looking for you.
The YMCA of Greater Charlotte is seeking a talented Project and Traffic Director as part of its creative Marketing Department. Managing a team of traffic professionals, the Project and Traffic Director will be responsible for keeping the entire Marketing Department on-time and hitting our deadlines while keeping tabs on a high volume of projects that support the mission of the YCMA of Greater Charlotte.
Candidates will have demonstrated experience in end-to-end project management, collaboration with stakeholders, and be able to effectively communicate, especially with other Marketing team members to ensure projects remain on-schedule.
Pay Rate: $47,476-$54,788
Under the direction of the Senior Association Marketing Director and consistent with the Christian Mission of the YMCA, the Project and Traffic Director is responsible for supporting the marketing and communications efforts for the Marketing team and the Association through high-quality project management of specific marketing and mass media campaigns as well as ongoing leadership and management of a traffic management team. The success of this position requires an ability to manage and prioritize a high volume of projects and the ability to act as a liaison to key stakeholders for all active projects.
• Project Management1.Strategic development and management of standardized project processes and timelines to ensure marketing work is produced efficiently and consistently for campaign launch/delivery and installation.
• Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop and implement tactical project management timelines that ensure on-time delivery of high-quality campaign materials).
• Closely partner with the Association marketing directors to strategically align and time campaigns, ensuring maximum impact.
• Prioritize and optimize Marketing Services team production schedules to ensure optimal utilization and alignment with project timelines.
• Manage and oversee the development and tracking of all project requests via an online project management system.
• Create and manage regular reporting to reflect the current status of projects and communicate to affected teams.
• Liaison with marketing team members to complete work assignments, traffic work to internal clients for input and approval;
• Oversee quality of marketing materials, including copy editing, proofing, order accuracy, and tracking/reportingManage and maintain a system for archiving assets (creative files, photography)
• Lead and manage traffic manager(s)
• Serve as key point of contact and lead project manager to activate and manage key internal projects (e.g. CEO, HR, IT, etc.) and high-priority campaigns
• Assist the Senior Association Marketing Director in working with seasonal resources
• Manage relationships with print and promotional vendors and management of vendor platforms
• Manage the coding and processing of invoices
• Manage and oversee securing quotes for printing and promotional materials, coordinating media/publication production schedule, providing orders and inventories to vendors and ensuring timely delivery to branches
• Manage campaign-specific production budgets
• Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve
others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
• Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and
perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s
point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning;
speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
• Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to
another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
• Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
•Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an
openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
• Four-year college degree with a preferred focus on marketing and communications
• 4-6 years working in a traffic management role in an agency or corporate communications department
• Demonstrated experience with managing and working in project/traffic management platforms and systems
• Proven ability to manage budgets and ensure quality completion of projects
• Exceptional ability to prioritize and ability to manage high volume projects/initiatives concurrently in a fast-paced environment
• Prior management experience leading a high-performance team
• Proven ability to participate in and lead cross-functional teams, leading through influence in ways that clear barriers and expedite success
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to adapt to constant change
• Strong organizational skills and high level of attention to detail
• High proficiency with software applications (Excel, Powerpoint, MS Publisher, Outlook, Word)
• Ability to represent the YMCA in a mature and professional manner
• Ability to execute directives in a fast paced environment
• Sit for extended periods of time
• Ability to work a 40-hour week with irregular work hours
• Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate
• Ability to travel as needed
• Ability to communicate in English, written and oral
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.