Philips Academy is a private, nonprofit school for children and young adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
The primary responsibility of the Administrative Assistant is to provide administrative support to the Program & Admissions Director. The Administrative Assistant must be experienced in managing a wide variety of administrative and executive leadership tasks with the ability to work independently with little or no supervision. The role requires strong decision-making ability and a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
Interviews will begin in February 2020. The ideal start date is March 2020. Compensation is $33,000-$43,000, commensurate with experience.
• Maintain paper and electronic files
• Maintain detailed student records and files, ensuring that they are kept confidential, current and meet legal and reporting requirements
• Organize and update school calendar
• Track student attendance
• Track substitute teacher days and submit hours for pay
• Track teacher PTO and submit to Executive Director
• Order and track school and classroom supplies
• Print, mail, and file report cards and learning plans
• Schedule student/parent conferences
• Track and organize enrollment and re-enrollment paperwork
• Process student transcript requests
• Track and organize prospective student records
• Complete paperwork for annual school license renewal
• Update school handbooks and other materials
• Respond to prospective student calls, including scheduling tours
• Send reminder emails and Google calendar invitations
• Communicate with church staff to reserve rooms for meetings and events
• Communicate with the Facilities Committee to coordinate maintenance needs
• Maintain files
• Update calendar and track attendance daily
• Assist Admissions and Program Director with project management
• Troubleshoot and prioritize school technology problems
• Assist with planning and organizing of annual school events
• Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
• Strong computer skills, ability to learn new software programs, and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Google Docs, email and contact management.
• Excellent time management and problem-solving skills.
• Manage projects and tasks to completion
• Strong work ethic, self-starter, and comfortable working both with close direction and on your own.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Fast learner.
• Minimum of 3 years providing staff or administrative support defined as providing support or back-up functions to higher-level administrators
• Associate (Preferred)
Please send the following documents to email@example.com using the subject line “2020 Administrative Assistant”:
• Cover letter explaining your interest in the role and why you believe you are a good fit