Executive Assistant, Office Management & Administration
The Executive Assistant – Office Management & Administration is responsible for management and administration of the President/CEO’s office. Core responsibilities include providing senior level administrative support, calendar and email management, communications to internal and external constituents. This position is expected to work collaboratively with the EA – Administration to manage the President/CEO’s work.
This role requires strong organizational and time management skills, as well as flexibility and adaptability within a fast-paced and demanding environment.
• Ensure the effective operation of the President’s office including the confidential handling
of all communications and gracious representation of the President and the Foundation to
a variety of constituents.
• Regularly required to resolve complex administrative problems independently. Perform
tasks that are diverse and advanced, usually with deadline pressures.
• Manage extremely complex calendar of appointments. Serve in “gatekeeper” and
“gateway” roles, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time and office.
• Primary calendar responsibility for approximately 35/40 meetings per week
• Prepare daily meeting folders in coordination with EA – Administration in
materials/research that may be needed as contents for these folders
• Handle all logistical needs for meetings, including room reservations, catering, technology,
conference call set-ups, etc.
• Daily management of Presidents email inbox. Perform initial sorting of emails, retaining
all scheduling requests for execution, deleting all extraneous emails and forwarding other
action oriented emails to the EA – Administration.
• Manage all incoming and outgoing correspondence and collaborate with
EA – Administration for communication responses
• Receive incoming calls to the President’s office, respond to inquiries and make referrals as
• Greet guests and visitors to executive offices
• Pick up/sort incoming mail on daily basis
• Creates & maintains filing system(s) in coordination with EA – Administration
• Assist President/CEO in personal appointments, as needed
• Working knowledge of the Foundation’s organization, services, and civic initiatives.
• Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the President’s office and internal
departments; demonstrate leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior
management and all Foundation team members.
• Work closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him well informed of upcoming
commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
• Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
• Update and maintain contact information for President/CEO in MS Outlook
• Assist, as needed, on special projects and meetings with other nonprofit organizations,
civic leaders, top executives and donors.
• Serve as back up for EA – Administration
• College education preferred or equivalent professional administrative experience
• At least 5 years of experience as an executive assistant to a senior level manager
• Experience with and comfortable interacting with C-suite executives
• Superior organizational and time management skills
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information
• Superior computer skills including extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• Strong PowerPoint and presentation development skills
• Initiator who is conscientious, detail-oriented, and self-motivated
• Ability to work effectively within a team environment
• Customer service oriented
• Positive attitude, tactful, punctual and team-oriented
• Ability to multi-task and work effectively with others
• Personally committed to high quality work
• Experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus