Founded by Jeni Britton Bauer in 2002, Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams is a B Corporation headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, with scoop shops in ten cities across the country, making it possible for members of Team Jeni’s who are interested in developing their careers, or transitioning to a new city, to have meaningful opportunities to learn, grow, and explore.
Our mission is to make the world’s best ice creams and build community, and our scoop shops are at the heart of how we serve this mission. They are where we offer the ice creams we work so hard to build from the ground up—where people come together to share joy and conversation.
We love people. We love ice cream. We view ice cream as a form of art.
Shopkeeper Apprentices are full-time, salaried employees sharing the same responsibilities as the Shopkeeper including accounting, scheduling, inventory/ordering, and all HR functions (hiring, training, development, and performance management of all team members). Shopkeeper Apprentices report directly into an Shopkeeper and can act as the second-in-command at a full shop or as first-in-command at a low volume/complexity location. Shopkeeper Apprentices undergo ongoing training and development from their Shopkeeper throughout their time in the position to best prepare them to support the shops in their market as well as for success in a future Shopkeeper position.
• Is passionate about customer service and inspires passion in their team
• Practices strong work ethic, good heart, and team-first mentality
• Has exceptional organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and achieve competing deadlines
• Is a creative, resourceful, and proactive problem solver
• Is an energetic, positive, and skillful communicator
• Shows eagerness to adapt and grow as a leader
• A one-month paid sabbatical after 3 years of continuous service
• Excellent medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options (for all full-time employees)
• Competitive pay, paid time off, and holidays
• Bonus eligibility based on shop performance
• 4% match on 401k contributions after 1 year of employment (for qualifying employees)
• Annual paid day to volunteer for a nonprofit organization that matters to you
• 50% discount at Jeni’s Scoop Shops and online