Corporate Communications Manager
Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP is a regional public accounting firm that delivers innovative accounting, tax, audit and advisory services. With more than 2,000 people in 13 states, we combine deep industry experience, comprehensive accounting and advisory services and a strong commitment to personal service.The Corporate Communications Manager (CCM) is responsible for helping the Firm effectively communicate key messages to DHG’s external and internal audiences. The CCM ensures that all communications on behalf of the Firm are consistent with the mission, strategy, values and brand. This individual is expected to have a strong working knowledge of the Firm, its brand and communication strategies in developing effective content, tools and programming and should be able to independently complete a variety of assignments under the guidance of the Corporate Communications Director.
• Works with the Corporate Communications Director to support strategic, tactical and change related communication for the firm and regions.
• Works collaboratively with DHG Leadership, Digital Marketing Services, Human Resources, Digital Technology Services, DHG University, Talent Acquisition, Legal and all other functional areas within the firm to assist in the management of internal and external communications and to ensure key messages are aligned with overall strategy and brand.
• Independently manages the successful execution of communications plans, ensuring they support the overall strategy and are on time and on budget.
• Works collaboratively with regional leaders to manage and execute regional communications.
• Ensures accuracy and consistency of messaging for firm wide and regional communications.
• Monitors, summarizes and reports on key communications metrics related to effectiveness and reach.
• Understands the DHG brand and how it translates to all audiences of the firm. Ensures proper, consistent and effective implementation of brand and content standards across communications touch points.
• Manages firm wide intranet strategy. Develops and/or selects firm wide content. Reviews live content regularly to ensure it is current, accurate and effective. Works with Digital Technology Services to ensure proper function and accuracy of site features.
• Manages “Life at DHG” social media platforms including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Blog and Podcast.
• Assists in the management of the DHG media/public relations strategy. Identifies and evaluates opportunities for media coverage, speaking engagements and other opportunities that showcase the firm.
• Coordinates pitches and monitors/reports results.
• Assists with annual Partner meeting planning and onsite logistics.
• Assists with development and implementation of firm-wide philanthropic activities for DHG Impact.
• Manages other corporate communication projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or liberal arts focus required
• Five to Seven (5-7) years of communications experience preferred
• Superior written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; able to effectively interface with all levels of employees and partners is required
• Excellent organizational skills are required; attentive to details while maintaining sight of big picture
• Strategic understanding of social media is required
• The successful communications manager will be team-oriented and able to interface collaboratively with members of the marketing and business development groups, industry and regional practice leaders, and external vendors and consultants