Digital Services Senior Content Strategist
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace.
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
Create highly strategic, persuasive and memorable content across all platforms in the digital environment. Evaluate business requirements, user requirements, and communication goals to design optimal communications strategies.
• Synthesize complex requirements and specifications. Convert high-level business goals into actionable content solutions that reflect the BB&T brand and best practices and satisfy user needs and business objectives.
• Analyze user goals, research competition and product information. Conduct content inventories, gap analyses, user research and stakeholder interviews. Determine an optimal communications strategy to convey the message and compel user action. Condense the message into concise, scannable content appropriate for the Internet.
• Apply search engine optimization (SEO) strategies and best practices. Develop optimized content using keyword relevancy and density.
• Create exceptional digital content, adapting the style to various digital projects spanning both technical and non-technical subject matter.
• Create/edit multimedia content.
• Advocate for content in the online channel and BB&T. Proactively present content strategies, recommendations and best practices with corporate marketing, product managers, subject matter experts and project teams.
• Keep current with best practices, social media trends, web usability, SEO and industry trends.
• Contribute and adhere to the editorial strategy, style guide and standards to ensure quality, consistency and brand alignment across product families within BB&T.
• Utilize solid command of user experience standards, industry guidelines, content principles and best practices.
• Provide leadership on content solutions by understanding, applying and disseminating content strategies and best practices in cross-functional teams.
• Utilize appropriate technologies and content methodologies to capture, store, deliver and preserve BB&T content.
• Practice quality assurance procedures at each deliverable stage to maintain content integrity and ensure that content meets project specifications and standards.
• Provide accurate estimates of project work with accountability for the content portion of the project budget.
• Identify content requirement changes and assess against original project scope.
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Multimedia or related field, or equivalent education and related training
• Five years of online/digital content development and strategy experience
• Excellent writing skills with demonstrated ability to write successfully for the web (e.g. driving traffic, building engagement and optimizing user experience)
• Understanding of content disciplines, including copywriting, catalog architecture, public relations, social media and SEO
• Advanced experience in utilizing Content Management Systems
• Strong interpersonal communications skills with ability to present solutions in a clear, concise and persuasive fashion
• Strong leadership skills
• Great attitude and passion for collaboration
• Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
• Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master’s degree
• Financial institution experience
• Marketing communications writing experience
• Cross-channel content strategy experience
• Experience in multimedia creation/editing software (e.g. Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Audition)