We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission of inspiring choices that lead to a healthy, equitable, and vibrant community for generations to come. Learn more about our work at www.sustaincharlotte.org.
Are you looking to grow your career in philanthropy and fundraising? The Development Associate at Sustain Charlotte provides this opportunity! The Development Associate role includes administrative, systematic, and creative support of all areas of the Development/Fundraising team. The Associate will also provide support to Sustain Charlotte’s communications and event activities.
The work involves processing gifts, managing the donor database system, assisting with donor cultivation and stewardship, and providing support for organizational events and external communications. This position reports to the Director of Development.
• Manage the donor database, including data entry, report designs, and system updates
• Manage gift analysis, entry procedure, and prompt receipt/acknowledgment to donors
• Conduct prospect research; develop donor and prospect profiles
• Assist in creating, producing, and sending mailings and email marketing campaigns
• As a member of the Development team, represent Sustain Charlotte at community events and meetings; build and maintain strong relationships with the board of directors, donors, prospects, volunteers, and others.
• Build a list of prospective corporate, individual and foundation donors and track progress toward donor cycle goals.
• Assist the Marketing and Events Coordinator in creating digital content for social media, website updates, e-blasts, and e-newsletters.
• Assist the Marketing and Events Coordinator with all event coordination, supporting the pre-event, day-of-event, and post-event activities.
• Perform other essential development functions as assigned.
• Strong CRM database skills a must
• Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree
• 1-3 years of experience in nonprofit development/fundraising
• Excellent attention to detail and solid project management skills
• Able to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Experience using and managing social media platforms, HootSuite, Nationbuilder, Neon, or their equivalents and/or demonstrated ability to become proficient
• Ability to handle private donor information with confidentiality
• Team player, self-starter, interested in personal and professional growth
• Able to work occasional weeknight evenings and weekends
We offer a comfortable work environment in a small office in Charlotte’s vibrant South End neighborhood. We encourage our employees to commute by walking, bicycling, or riding public transit instead of driving.
This job profile in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the jobholder. He/she will be required to follow any other instructions or perform any other duties as requested by the Development Director and Executive Director. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of job duties. Essential elements may change when necessary.
Typical hours are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Hours vary based on event and meeting schedules. The annual salary begins at $35,000. Benefits include holidays, partly subsidized health/dental insurance, and 15 days of paid vacation.
Qualified applicants should email cover letter and résumé to email@example.com. The email subject line should say: Development Associate – [YOUR LAST NAME]. In your submission email, please let us know specifically where you heard about our job opportunity (e.g., Sustain Charlotte email, personal referral, a specific job website name, etc.). Due to the volume of interested applicants, we ask that you not telephone our office about the position unless specifically invited to do so.