Software Engineering Consultant
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
The Software Engineering Consultant, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) at Lowes Companies Inc, fill the mission-critical role of ensuring that our complex web applications and microservices are healthy, monitored, automated, and designed to scale. You will use your background as an operations generalist and to work closely with our development teams from the early stages of design all the way through identifying and resolving production issues. The ideal candidate will be passionate about designing, analyzing and solving large-scale distributed systems and contribute towards Identifying, gathering and automating responses to key performance metrics, logs, and alert.
• Lead a team of Site Reliability Engineers and Operation Support Engineers across multiple domains.
• Responsible for production support and coordination between Operations team and SRE teams.
• Responsible for coordinating, communicating and working with developments team throughout the incident lifecycle.
• Key understanding of google cloud platform and Lowes digital applications.
• Keep everyone informed about the health and viability of the platform by reporting known issues and status of ongoing investigations.
• Define service level indicators (SLIs), objectives (SLOs), and agreements (SLAs) for micro-services
• Identify and advocate for changes vital to the stability and supportability of the system.
• Mentor and advise teammates to ensure new features are efficient, highly available, and fault tolerant.
• Determine and develop architectural approaches and solutions for improving site reliability, availability, performance, and scalability for our GCP based applications.
• Provide continuous improvements to system automation and management systems.
• Lead critical improvements to application deployment frameworks and processes.
• Respond to outages and coordinate activities to restore service as quickly as possible.
• Troubleshooting issues potentially involving any area of the network, systems or applications.
• Work with technology partners on evaluating and implementing new technologies.
• Experience in cloud technologies such as architecting, developing or maintaining cloud solutions in public cloud environment (Google Cloud).
• Should have hands-on experience with spinnaker, Istio, Kubernetes, Docker, Zookeeper on GCP.
• Experience deploying applications in SaaS, IaaS and PaaS cloud environments
• Experience with newer NOSQL and key-value based systems like Couchbase ,Cassandra, Neo4j, etc.
• Experience working in micro services Architecture.
• Experience in defining define service level indicators (SLIs), objectives (SLOs), and agreements (SLAs) for micro-services
• Excellent knowledge and familiarity with the configuration and usage of Apache and other open source systems software
• Application tuning knowledge, capacity concepts, benchmarking, trending, and monitoring.
• Scripting experience in mainstream languages – JAVA, shell and python.
• Familiar with using Git, Jenkins, and similar CI/CD tools.
• Understanding of platform level concerns, such as configuration management, network request routing, blue/green or canary deployments
• Broad knowledge of application servers and web servers, networks, firewalls, switches, load balancers.•Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science, CIS, or related field
• 10+ Experience in software development or a related field
• 6+ Experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (SDLC)
• 6+ Experience in database technologies
• 5+ Experience with Microservices architecture
• DBs – Couchbase, Neo4J
• Java, Shell