Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Scrum Master will be focusing on initiatives for Pricing under Merchandising. Ideal candidate will have strong experience working hands on with distributed technical teams as the environment transitions over to Google Cloud.
The Scrum Master is responsible for guiding 1-2 team(s) through the use of Agile/Scrum practices and values for the purpose of delivering quality software and solutions back to the organization. This person must build trusted relationships with the team and with their stakeholders (Product Managers, Solutions Managers, etc) to ensure the needs of all team members are being met.
Performs all prescribed scrum master duties including (but not limited to): removing impediments for the team, inspecting the team’s performance through key team metrics and facilitating process improvement discussions to optimize the team’s reliability, predictability and output.
This position is responsible for assisting in the delivery of software solutions by maintaining information radiators (metrics) and making them transparent to management, by keeping the team focused on the right priorities, and ensuring the team is continuously improving. The unique skills required for effective performance in this job include product and release planning, stakeholder management, risk management, agile ceremony facilitation, and an understanding of a variety of software delivery methods.
• Ensures the team follows standard agile processes while identifying opportunities for improvement. Facilitates team in defining Working Agreements, Definition of Ready, Definition of Done and then ensures those agreements are upheld.
• Facilitates agile events: daily stand-up (scrum) meetings, retrospectives, demos, backlog grooming/refinement in partnership with Product Manager, backlog sizing, sprint planning. Understands and uses a variety of techniques to continuously optimize events and team participation and engagement.
• Identifies and helps to remove impediments, escalates impediments to the product and solutions manager; recommends ways to resolve impediments, and influences leadership to take action on these recommendations.
• Helps team inspect and adapt process through retrospectives, data/metrics tracking and creating a safe, trusting environment with space to grow. Coaching them to higher levels of performance.
• Assists with internal and external communication and improving transparency by creating visible information radiators (burn-downs, velocity chart, etc), dashboards and demos. Provides metric reports to assist in product roadmap planning.
• Facilitates getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work directly. Facilitates discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution. Observes team interactions and uses emotional intelligence to discuss observations in a safe, trusting environment.
• Support product planning by participating in release planning discussions. Supports during execution through understanding of priority and sequencing required to deliver efficiently. Guides team in commitment making and sprint completion.
• Holds team (product, development, QA, etc team members) accountable for delivery commitments. Helps team identify when commitments are at risk, and helps team determine possible solutions to ensure commitments are met.
• Be an agile subject matter expert and provide strategic influence with the product / business and other engineering organizations.
• Ensures team’s backlogs are sufficiently full at all times (at minimum 3-4 sprints worth of work defined).
• Practices servant-leadership and promotes learning in others by building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders; communicating information and providing advice to drive efforts forward; influencing team members within assigned unit; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; providing feedback to others, including upward feedback to leadership and mentoring junior team members.
• Conducts or oversees business-specific efforts by applying expertise in subject area; partnering internally and externally to make effective decisions; solving complex problems; escalating high priority issues or impediments as appropriate; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities
• Bachelor’s Degree: Business Administration, Computer Science, MIS or related field AND 4+ years’ IT or related business experience
• 3+ years’ Experience providing project, product, or team leadership
• Experience working in a large matrixed organization
• 2+ years’ experience working in a large matrixed organization
• Experience performing the Scrum Master for a software development team utilizing SDLC OR equivalent experience
• 1-2 years’ Experience with Agile methodologies (Kanban, TDD, etc.) and toolsets (Atlassian suite, etc)
• 5+ years of formal Scrum Master experience within an IT environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• 4+ years’ Experience in software development team
• Experience with coordinating dependencies.
• Hands on experience with Agile Tools such as: Jira, Confluence, etc.
• 2+ years’ Corporate retail experience
• First level Scrum Master Certification (CSM)
• CSP certification
• 1 or more certifications from the ICAgile Certified Expert Agile Coaching track
• Knowledge of Agile Project Management fundamentals as defined by the Project Management Institute in the Project Management Body of Knowledge
• Experience in managing large multi-geography (global) teams
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.