Technology Vendor Management Senior Analyst
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Technology Vendor Management (TVM) is responsible for setting the overall strategy for the measurement/performance of technology vendors. This includes evaluating suppliers of IT goods and services, and overseeing regular interaction and long term relationships with vendors. TVM sets ground rules for vendor engagement and outlines the framework and guidelines for effective governance in partnership with Strategic Sourcing, Legal and Finance. TVM also partners with Strategic Sourcing, Legal and Finance to develop vendor strategies as well as the execution of Vendor Management processes to ensure efficiency and speed to value. This organization will develop vendor scorecards, routines for vendor performance reviews, monitor and measure SLA performance, and ensure value from the vendor is delivered as expected. The TVM Practice is made up of several processes including but not limited to: Technology Invoice Management, Technology Asset Management, Vendor Relationship Management, Tactical Renewal Management, and Data Key Management.
The primary purpose of this role is to establish, drive, create and support the Technology Vendor Management Organization processes and procedures utilized to govern Technology vendors. This individual focuses primarily on “strategic” vendors while actively managing key activities including onboarding, offboarding, performance, and contract compliance. This role maintains positive relationships with Technology Stakeholders and Vendors, and partners closely with key stakeholders to define and maintain SLA’s, KPI’s and other performance metrics. This role is expected to drive savings and efficiencies across the vendors within his/her scope of responsibility.
The individual in this role focuses on invoice management, vendor management, or software asset management. He/she works mostly independently and occasionally provides guidance and direction to more junior level analysts on the team.
• Manages “strategic” vendors regarding onboarding, offboarding, performance, and contract compliance
• Provides mentoring and guidance to more junior level TVM Analysts; may provide feedback and direction on specific TVM tasks
• Develops Vendor requirements and performance scorecards in partnership with technology areas
• Develops and presents vendor management assets that are clear and effective to communicate engagement objectives and expectations to vendors and cross-functional stakeholders
• Interprets and analyzes performance reviews from Vendors and Stakeholders
• Executes and supports all “strategic,” “emerging,” and “tactical” vendor renewals
• Identifies opportunities for process improvements and makes recommendations for best practices
• Develops relationships with cross-functional teams including finance and legal to ensure that all engagements remain compliant with company regulations
• Partners with Enterprise Strategic Sourcing as needed (Plan, Execute and Support) to ensure requirements and quality standards are met for sourcing efforts in assigned areas
• Partners with key internal resources to ensure an effective negotiating strategy is set and aligned to business requirements to obtain the best overall value based on performance
• Supports the overall software asset process for assigned area, as applicable to ensure compliance with terms and conditions of the current agreement
• Manages key Vendor and customer relationships within a category of spend to ensure on-going alignment to business requirements, for assigned area
• Supports the Vendor Management Leadership Team in the development of category strategies and approaches that are aligned to their business customer and responsible for the execution of those strategies and delivery of savings
• Maintains and updates the vendor database and key information
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field (or equivalent work experience in a related field)
• 4 years of Technology, Finance/Accounting, Procurement, Business, and Operations
• Experience managing large cross-functional project teams and resources
• 3 years of experience with Tech Financial toolsets
• 2 years of experience analyzing data and quickly detecting data-related issues and solving problems
• Experience with MS Project or other Project Management software
• Experience with Flexera
• Experience with spend management (e.g., PeopleSoft)
• Experience with contract negotiation and procurement
• Technology experience in the Retail industry
• Experience collaborating with international teams
• Experience leading large technology programs
• Experience in technology infrastructure including an understanding of how engineering, software development lifecycle, database, architecture, and configuration management database support each other to run a technology organization