The primary purpose of this role is to translate business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions. This includes responsibility for developing, configuring, or modifying complex integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments. This individual facilitates the implementation and maintenance of complex business and enterprise software solutions to ensure successful deployment of released applications.
• Translates business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions with guidance from senior colleagues as appropriate by partnering with Business Analysts to understand business needs and functional specifications
• Collaborates with architects and/or software consultants to ensure functional specifications are converted into flexible, scalable, and maintainable solution designs
• Develops, configures, or modifies complex integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments by designing and coding component-based applications using various programming languages
• Validates and executes component integration test (CIT) scenarios to identify application errors and ensure software solutions meet functional specifications
• Facilitates the implementation and maintenance of complex business and enterprise software solutions to ensure successful deployment of released applications by packaging solutions for deployment
• Supports systems integration testing (SIT) and user acceptance testing (UAT) by providing insight to testing teams in order to ensure the appropriate depth of test coverage
• Participates and coaches others in all software development life cycle phases by applying and sharing an in-depth understanding of company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
• 7 years of experience in software development or a related field. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement
• 4 years of experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (SDLC)
• 5 years of experience in database technologies
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
• 3 years of experience leading teams, with or without direct reports
• 3 years of experience working with an IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework
• 5 years of IT experience developing and implementing business systems within an organization
• 5 years of experience in systems analysis, including defining technical requirements and performing high level design for complex solutions
• 5 years of experience working with source code control systems
• 5 years of experience writing technical documentation in a software development environment
• 5 years of experience working with defect or incident tracking software (e.g., HP Quality Center, Remedy)
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.