Established in 1976, EastCoast Entertainment (ECE) is the largest full-service entertainment agency in the country. Our artist roster is extensive, from comedians to original and cover musicians, celebrity talent, and performing artists. We book talent for every type of event imaginable, including festivals, corporate and private events, weddings, and university events. Headquartered in Charlotte, NC, the Staff Accountant role has the chance to gain experience from leaders with more than 80 years of combined experience in the entertainment industry. To learn more about EastCoast Entertainment, visit https://www.bookece.com.
EastCoast Entertainment is seeking a Staff Accountant to support the accounting team in Charlotte, NC. The position reports directly to our Operations Manager/Chief of Operations and is primarily focused on day-to-day accounting functions, month and year-end close, payroll processing, and basic administrative responsibilities.
• Prepare journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations.
• Manage month-end and year-end close procedures, including working with external CPA on tax preparation.
• Maintain financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
• Contribute to the development and review of annual operating budgets.
• Oversee existing and new accrual management.
• Collaborate with the Accounts Payable and Contract Administration team located in Richmond, VA.
• Create, process, and submit three (3) payroll ledgers per month.
• Manage sales commissions within our proprietary ERP software.
• Participate in HR team with a focus on payroll adjustments and compliance.
• Handle review and renewal of corporate insurance.
• Establish and maintain the corporate vendor relationships, including banking, payroll, and insurance.
• Maintain paperwork and filing system.
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance.
• 2-4 years of Accounting experience, including at least 2 years of general ledger work required.
• Preferred familiarity with monthly closing processes and complex journal entries/allocations.
• Experience in QuickBooks or similar accounting and ERP systems.
• Exposure or experience to payroll required.
• Excellent computer skills, including the Microsoft Suite (specifically advanced Excel knowledge).
• A self-starter, proactive and resourceful.
• Ability to multi-task and switch between projects easily.
Competitive salary with bonus and advancement opportunities to the right candidate including a potential move to management within 2-4 years. Robust health, dental and vision insurance, as well as FSA, Disability and 401(k) matching plan. Flexible and fun work environment in an energetic and inclusive company.