Junior Interior Designer
Comfy Cozy Couture provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Our junior designer role prepares individuals for a career in design through a range of activities: assistance with client presentation preparations, updating design library, communication with vendors, sourcing materials at local showrooms, etc. The position is a part-time position.
This position is part time and not to exceed 20-25 hours a week. This position will be in Cornelius, NC. Weekly hours and schedule will vary depending on the employees schedule and company work load. While this job description accurately represents the current primary duties of the role, functions may be adapted as necessary to meet business need.
• Expertly create to scale drawings, floor plans and elevations using AutoCAD/Sketchup
• Create story boards for clients, which would include but not limited to pulling fabrics, sourcing furniture and lighting, selecting paint colors and creating an overall design plan for the space
• Participate in client meetings to present and understand their needs/desires for their space
• Source new furnishing, fabric and wallpaper brands to expand our library
• Categorize, price and put away fabric memos, wallpaper memos, etc.
• Assist lead designer in any elements of her design projects
• Run errands as necessary for design projects including pick-ups/drop-offs
• Return any samples or purchased items that have not been used
• Shop for inventory/accessory items
• Use social media platforms like Pinterest and Instagram to find new inspiration images and keep abreast of new design trends
• 1-3 years previous interior design experience, required
• Proficient in AutoCAD or Sketchup, required, must be able to provide previous examples of software use/drawings
• Interior Design degree or certification
• Passionate with all aspects of design
• Meticulously organized, efficient, and detail-oriented
• Excellent communication; both written and verbal
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Bonus if proficient in Studio Webware, Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop
Please send your resume, portfolio and any AutoCAD/Sketchup drawings and/or renderings to Julia.