Program Management Specialist, CEP
What makes Discovery Education a GREAT fit for you? When you join Discovery Education, you’ll be part of a fast-growing global team that empowers teachers with best-in-class digital curriculum that connects learning to the real-world so that every student can achieve to their highest potential.
We’re the global leader in standards-based digital curriculum for K-12 classrooms, positively impacting students by aligning with strategic partners and educational institutions to deliver award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development and the largest networked learning community of its kind.
With a diverse portfolio of partners – big brands, social impact organizations, sports leagues and non-profits, our Corporate Education Partnerships (“CEP”) team is mission-driven and leads the development of public/private partnerships to drive measurable impact at scale. With a focus on equity and access, the Corporate Partnerships team connects the world’s most iconic brands to our global network of schools and influencers, bringing the real world to the classroom and activating communities through dynamic partnerships with organizations that share our mission to positively impact youth achievement.
Explore the future of education at DiscoveryEducation.com.
Discovery Education is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery Education is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the educational technology space, Discovery Education offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the support of an established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming. Team members enjoy a high-energy, purpose-driven work environment — as well as tremendous opportunities to grow, learn and make a difference. If you like working with a curious, collaborative, high-performing team, Discovery Education is the place for you.
The Product Delivery and Operations Team is accountable to schedule, project-manage, and flawlessly orchestrate the building of all the elements of the contracted deliverables from CEP customers. This team stays on top of project budgets, program quality, and timelines to ensure CEP customers are highly satisfied with the products/programs that DE is delivering and increases renewal, retention, and upsell rates.
• Effective Leadership – the ability to communicate effectively with others to accomplish tasks and be respected by colleagues, the ability to lead both in terms of strategy and operations to get projects complete on time and of the highest quality.
• Communication – very strong speaking and writing skills and responsible for communicating frequently in email, on the phone, and in person with various teams to ensure projects are on time, at or under budget, and are of the highest quality. Key to effective communication is being clear, succinct, and ensuring that all others understand what needs to be accomplished as well as establishing a fluid cadence of communications that ensures all parties are always up-to-speed with the needed information about the project.
• Time Management – ability to prioritize in a fluid manner throughout the day and week to ensure all details of the project are on time and on or under budget, assist in the development and oversight for project deliver schedules in Smartsheet and the daily and weekly review of these schedules. Successful time management includes making sure the most important tasks are accomplished in a timely fashion. This also requires agenda setting, managing meeting time, taking notes, and clarifying meeting objectives and keeping others on task.
• Risk Management – insight to proactively identify critical path elements and flag potential schedule conflicts to resolve in advance to allow the project to stay on time and at or under budget. Risk management includes identifying what could potentially go wrong and providing quality options for solutions to prevent risks and mitigate effectively for risks when something does go wrong.
• Proactive Planning – skill at developing a plan that identifies and organizes all the detailed tasks in the right order that need to be completed in order for the project to be completed on time, at or under budget, and be of the highest quality. Scheduling and monitoring progress are keys to proactive planning. This area includes resource planning, scheduling, writing project plans, understanding efficiency strategies, and always looking into the future to ensure the project stays on track.
• Negotiation – a great project manager is responsible for bringing people together to accomplish a project, so the ability to listen, pull together individuals with various perspectives, and ensure all involved are on the same page and moving forward efficiently is a critical skill.
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate for this role will be eager to collaborate with colleagues to engage in building highly successful and prominent digital curricular resources sponsored by corporate and non-profit partners carried by the Discovery Education brand. We are looking for individuals with proven project management skills, very strong written and verbal skills, demonstrated ability to be highly organized and schedule driven, and ready to work in a professional and timely business model with a keen sense of urgency to be successful.
• Mission-Driven: Passionate about Discovery Education’s vision to transform teaching and learning, experience in education or ed-tech industry a plus
• Professional Experience: At least 2-3 years in a related role in which project management skills were a central component of the work. Understanding the education market place in a plus.
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree required in business, marketing, communications, or another related field
• Knowledge & Skills: Standard project management skills as noted above
• Communication Skills: Excellent written and oral communication as well as strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with many employees.
• Leadership: Demonstrate exceptional leadership; strong work ethic driven by a sense of urgency, flawless organization skills, and ability to inspire others to act and fulfill Discovery Education’s mission
• Collaborative: Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. Team builder, not turf builder
• Hustle: The courage and confidence to work hard and with passion; committed to getting the job done; sustain effort in the face of adversity. Maintain consistency and focus over time with a positive “never give up” attitude
• Self-Motivation and Self-Starter: The ability to do what needs to be done without being micromanaged; ability to manage/prioritize multiple tasks, proactively manage numerous projects, and prioritize competing timelines; demonstrate a problem solving/ solution-oriented approach
• Learning Orientation: Always willing to learn something new, not rigid in beliefs or expectations
• Sense of Humor: Because we all need to laugh sometimes
• Technical Skills: Proficiency in Smartsheet or other similar project management software, proficiency in presentation design (Keynote or PowerPoint), Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook and Office Suite.
• Flexibility: Candidates must be willing to travel 0-5% of the time to meet with partners, customers, or internal meetings.
• Bachelor’s degree required and advanced degree’s preferred
• Legal right to work in the United States