VP Product Design & UX
What makes Discovery Education a GREAT fit for you? When you join Discovery Education, you’ll be part of a fast-growing global team that empowers teachers with best-in-class digital curriculum that connects learning to the real-world so that every student can achieve to their highest potential. We’re the global leader in standards-based digital curriculum for K-12 classrooms, positively impacting students by aligning with strategic partners and educational institutions to deliver award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development and the largest networked learning community of its kind.
For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the educational technology space, Discovery Education offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the support of an established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming. Team members enjoy a high-energy, purpose-driven work environment — as well as tremendous opportunities to grow, learn and make a difference. If you like working with a curious, collaborative, high-performing team, Discovery Education is the place for you.
Explore the future of education at DiscoveryEducation.com.
Discovery Education is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery Education is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
Discovery Education is seeking a growth-oriented leader for our team of user experience and design professionals. You will join a team building digital and hands-on experiences that empower teachers and engage students in Science, Math, and Social Studies. Our product platform consists of digital tech books, digital teacher creation tools and a vast content library that enables in-classroom experiences as well as individual student learning.
• Define the UX vision and strategy for our award-winning products used in K-12 classrooms
• Infuse our culture with a design thinking mindset
• Work with product management, engineering, curriculum and marketing to define and execute the end-to-end customer experience for our K12 students and teachers
• Lead the design of all product user interfaces
• Lead user journey and touch point mapping
• Own and evolve Discovery Education’s design system
• Mission-Driven: Passionate about Discovery Education’s vision to transform teaching and learning, experience in education or ed-tech industry a plus
• Knowledge & Skills: Long track record of UX design for software applications. Ability to coach and grow a world-class multi-discipline User Experience Design team, covering user research, interaction design, visual design and other areas of design
• Communication: Demonstrated expertise working in complex, collaborative, cross-functional teams with strong influence, communication and partnership skills
• Leadership: Demonstrate exceptional leadership; strong work ethic driven by a sense of urgency, organization skills, and ability to inspire others to act and fulfill Discovery Education’s mission
• Collaborative: Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. Team builder, not turf builder
• Hustle: The courage and confidence to work hard and with passion; committed to getting the job done; sustain effort in the face of adversity. Maintain consistency and focus over time with a positive “never give up” attitude
• Self-Motivation and Self-Starter: The ability to do what needs to be done without being micromanaged; ability to manage/prioritize multiple tasks, proactively manage numerous projects, and prioritize competing timelines; demonstrate a problem solving/ solution-oriented approach
• Learning Orientation: Always willing to learn something new, not rigid in beliefs or expectations
• Sense of Humor: Because we all need to laugh sometimes
• Experience in K-12 education is a plus!
• Bachelor’s degree required and advanced degree’s preferred
• Legal right to work in the United States