What makes Discovery Education a GREAT fit for you? When you join Discovery Education, you’ll be part of a fast-growing global team that empowers teachers with best-in-class digital curriculum that connects learning to the real-world so that every student can achieve to their highest potential.
We’re the global leader in standards-based digital curriculum for K-12 classrooms, positively impacting students by aligning with strategic partners and educational institutions to deliver award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development and the largest networked learning community of its kind.
For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the educational technology space, Discovery Education offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the support of an established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming. Team members enjoy a high-energy, purpose-driven work environment — as well as tremendous opportunities to grow, learn and make a difference. If you like working with a curious, collaborative, high-performing team, Discovery Education is the place for you.
Discovery Education is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery Education is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
The Data Analyst will support our product, partner engagement, leadership and marketing teams with insights gained from analyzing customer data. This Data Analyst will be part of a team that is focused on delivering highly scalable reports and insights that enable growth of current and future products and services to our customers. The ideal candidate will be passionate about data and contributing to the growth of a data driven organization.
• Manage projects and collaborate with cross-functional team members to develop and implement improved reporting and data workflows and processes to support business goals.
• Access and analyze marketing and product data to generate insights for internal teams.
• Develop and present standard, management-level reporting and analysis to multiple stakeholders across the organization.
• Participate in data governance initiatives to drive consistent and proper handling of data inside the platform and across the business.
• Assist in overall design of the data capture, application of metadata, and reporting structure
• Conduct unit testing and participate with system testing as required.
• Follow standards and procedures, and complete required documentation of all work.
• Refine data collection opportunities along the customer journey to inform adjustments to the customer experience and development of buyer and user personas.
• Support the development, maintenance, and automation of analytical tools and reports for evaluating performance of marketing campaigns including but not limited to paid media, web traffic, corporate partnerships, and social media.
• Assist in tagging, event tracking, segmentations and dashboard creation in Pendo, Looker and GA for internal teams.
• Assist in training and evangelizing the democratization of data at Discovery Education.
• Manage scheduled and ad hoc reporting needs of the organization.
• Analyze data for errors and inconsistencies and participate in analysis of structured and unstructured data.
• Deliver clean and performant code to support Discovery Education’s web applications.
• Mission-Driven: Passionate about Discovery Education’s vision to transform teaching and learning, experience in education or ed-tech industry a plus.
• Education: Bachelors or Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics, information systems, research or a related quantitative field.
• Professional Experience: A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience managing large data sets and analyzing data for actionable insights.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Technical competence to perform data analytics and utilize web analytics to manage web development life cycle.
• Experience taking transactional business data, analyzing that data to answer a core research question and using analytics tools and systems to present the findings and insights.
• Experience w/ very large data volumes (millions of daily events).
• Technical Skills: Experience querying/joining databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SQL, SPSS.
• Communication: Demonstrated collaboration, communication and presentation skills.
• Collaborative: Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. Team builder, not turf builder.
• Hustle: The courage and confidence to work hard and with passion; committed to getting the job done; sustain effort in the face of adversity.
• Maintain consistency and focus over time with a positive “never give up” attitude.
• Self-Motivation and Self-Starter: The ability to do what needs to be done without being micromanaged; ability to manage/prioritize multiple tasks, proactively manage numerous projects, and prioritize competing timelines; demonstrate a problem solving/ solution-oriented approach.
• Legal right to work in the United States.