Email Marketing Program Manager
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Marketing and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI’s focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Our guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
The Marketing Program Manager role will report to the Manager of the Digital onsite and email team to lead email marketing programs for credit card acquisition marketing. This role will be accountable for driving business results by ensuring effective and efficient creative, targeting, and flawless execution in the email channel to maximize profitable growth for credit card acquisition. This role requires a dynamic individual who has a passion for creating email marketing strategies to improve channel KPIs, and enjoys working in a fast paced and collaborative environment. You should have a proven track record developing and implementing email marketing strategies/campaigns that deliver positive business results.
• Manage and execute email marketing programs for credit card acquisition campaigns.
• Creative development: work with internal and external agency partners to develop effective email marketing.
• Email channel execution: partners with ESPs and COEs to ensure flawless execution of email campaigns with a close eye to process accuracy and efficiency.
• Market research: leverage competitive insights to ensure email channel effectiveness.
• Email optimization: develop test & learn roadmap in support of card acquisition testing agenda and develop optimization initiatives unique to email channel.
• Analytics: regularly pulls data to do analysis on email performance and to make business decisions to improve email channel KPIs.
• Forecasting and planning: for email, contribute to monthly, quarterly and annual forecasting routines, including reconciliation against forecasts vs actuals; maintain a roster of incremental opportunities.
• Collaborate and work closely with peers across credit card acquisition who manage other channels, product strategies, and the overall acquisition approach; partner with Marketing Centers of Excellence, Insights and Analytics, and Product • Management partners.
• Effectively manage risk: ensure all email marketing adheres to legal and compliance requirements.
• Manage operational risk: ensure email processes and controls are robust and effective; identify opportunities to improve quality, output and efficiency for email acquisition.
• 5+ years of marketing experience
• A BS/BA degree or higher
• 3+ years of credit card marketing experience
• Financial services industry experience
• Tableau experience
• Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
• Email marketing campaign experience
• Experience delivering results in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
• APRIMO experience
• Credit Card/Financial Services Email Marketing experience
During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.