24 Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit charity located in Charlotte, North Carolina with a mission to inspire and engage communities to make an immediate impact on the lives of people affected by cancer. Funds raised support local and national cancer beneficiaries including Levine Cancer Institute, Levine Children’s Hospital, Queens University of Charlotte, and Franciscan Health. 24 Foundation hosts charity non-competitive cycling and walking events in Charlotte, NC and Indianapolis, IN, that are safe, fun and open to all levels of riding and walking abilities. Since 2002, 24 Foundation has raised more than $22 million and welcomed over 18,000 participants to its annual event series. For more information, visit www.24foundation.org.
The development director is a key member of the leadership team, with the responsibility of leading and managing all corporate and major donor revenue streams in order to achieve and/or exceed annual revenue goals. This position will also assist the regional directors with priority relationships with corporate partners. Additionally, this position supports the overall organization though event and mission assistance throughout the year.
This is a full-time role reporting to the Executive Director. Salary range $45,000-$58,000 annually.
Bachelor’s Degree, Masters preferred
Minimum of 2+ years of successful experience in fundraising within the nonprofit sector. Corporate and foundation grant solicitation experience and major gift experience preferred.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Ability to manage diverse relationships and interact with all types of people, at all levels of an organization
• Principled, ethical, professional, and committed to exceptional work quality and standards
• Stature, gravitas, and confidence to gain the credibility and respect of potential donors
• Must be flexible and available for occasional travel and meetings, presentations, and events outside the office
• Flexible to work weekends and/or extended workdays, as required
• Proficiency with MS Office including Outlook, Excel, and Salesforce
• A high level of personal and professional confidence and sophistication
• Upbeat, positive, and enthusiastic
• Team player
• Responsible for soliciting a minimum sum of $300,000 annually from corporate event partners
• Responsible for soliciting gifts of $5,000+ from major donors
• Establish and lead other revenue streams for the organization; corporate and foundation funded grants and estate planning gifts
• Establish and implement year-round stewardship of all corporate partners and major donors, ensuring proper and timely recognition of donors, as well as safeguard accurate records and donor information within 24 Foundation database(s).
• Conduct all research on corporate donors and prospects, prepare comprehensive profiles and briefing materials for donor calls and visits, and manage all correspondence with, and reporting to, prospects and major donors; including assistance in the creation of year end impact report
• Manage a portfolio of corporate partners and major donor relationships in all event cities, including attendance at partner events
• Assist in the creation of a year round mission integration plan to enhance donor experience
• Work with board members and key 24 Foundation supporters to identify new opportunities and important contacts to build a broader and more diverse base of support
• Oversee and coordinate with colleagues on corporate event partner deliverables and responsibilities
• Collaborate with the Grants Committee to facilitate accurate gift deliverables
• Manage income and expense budgets, as it relates to corporate partners and donor development
• Send a copy of your resume with a brief introduction of yourself and your desire to work for 24 Foundation (including this in the body of your email is preferred) to ContactUs@24foundation.org. Feel free to be informal and authentic.
• Deadline to apply: January 24, 2020.