Video Content Creator
LendingTree is the nation’s largest online lending marketplace. That means we connect customers with multiple lenders so they find the best deals on loans, credit cards, savings accounts and insurance. Our goal is to help people save money, and we believe the best way to do that is by giving them a way to shop for loans and compare lenders so they make their best financial choices.
Our CEO Doug Lebda founded the company in 1996 after a frustrating house-hunting experience. In those days, we mostly helped people find good mortgage deals. Now, we help consumers find their best in personal loans, auto loans, business loans, student loans, credit cards, savings accounts, home equity loans and more.
We’re a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial bend. We work hard and test our products often. We’re collaborative, ambitious, candid and high-energy. Our teammates are some of the brightest, most talented people you’ll ever work with. We care more about your smarts than we do about the kinds of clothes you wear (but please, do wear clothes to work!), and we’re pretty good about rewarding innovation, creativity and the knack for just getting stuff done (we even have an award for employees called the GSD, “Get Stuff Done”).
We are seeking a talented jack-of-all-trades video production/editor/content creator to concept and create online video content, ranging from digital advertising videos (Facebook, Instagram, etc.) to corporate communications, to assets for national TV commercials.
In this role, you will work with our award-winning internal creative agency as well as other internal departments including our digital marketing channels and HR to co-develop and execute video content. We conceive, produce, test and iterate quickly so you’ll be moving at top speed to continually crank out stellar work that performs. You will be involved in every step of the process, from concept to shooting (camera, lights, audio) to directing, editing and animation.
• Conceive and produce live action and animated attention-grabbing video advertisements to live on social networks
• Shoot and edit compelling content for corporate communications
• Have a strong understanding of After Effects for 2D animation
• Continually manage and build out our in-house studio. It’s your “office” after all.
• Whether in a studio, outside, at your house or the local coffee shop, go out and shoot your ideas
• Record and edit voice-overs
• Select music bed for videos
• Animate and edit commercial assets
• Manage video/editor contractors as needed
• Take headshots when needed and play the role of our corporate photographer
• Strong file organization skills for archiving large video assets and projects
• Understand basic lighting, safe rigging, and audio hardware
• Has a 4-year degree with film, video, editing, directing or other relevant media background
• Has a portfolio of funny, informative and/or compelling videos that demonstrate your creativity and video execution skillset
• Has strong creative solution skills and can work self-directed independently, but also has excellent interpersonal skills and can work collaboratively with a team
• Can understand business objectives and proactively contribute both strategic and innovative ideas that continually improve conversion metrics and revenue
• A thorough understanding of film/video, editing and content creation
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with exceptional attention to detail
• Can conceive and write fresh content that’s both engaging and high-performing
• Is able to work in a fast-paced team environment and juggle multiple projects at once
• Can funnel constructive criticism into new ideas
• Produces quick and dirty solutions for review before driving full speed ahead
• Can work collaboratively with writers, designers, acting talent, and non-creative folks too