Digital Communications Coordinator
Working with the digital communications strategist and director of digital communications, as well as colleagues in the College Communications office and elsewhere on campus, the digital communications coordinator will manage and support the Davidson online experience through the college website, social media channels, multimedia content, search engine optimization and online advertising. This is a critical role and requires someone who is extremely detail-oriented, client-focused, has great writing skills and the ability to produce and edit content in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Work collaboratively with faculty and staff across campus to develop, organize, and keep up-to-date departmental web content on college website.
• Create, update, archive, and guide the campus-wide creation of content in various formats (news stories, videos, photography, webpage content, etc.) based on editorial calendar and need.
• Applies the college’s web standards and styles when creating and evaluating web content.
• Monitor and support content submissions to the content management system (CMS) as part of workflow and project requests.
• Co-manage with other digital communications staff the posting of news stories, homepage and top-level webpage content, and other website content including text, photos/galleries, and video.
• Work to approve events for calendars managed by College Communications.
• Support social media projects and research.
• Deploy weekly campus events email through MailChimp to employees and community members.
• Assist in the development of internal documentation for website processes, and use of common digital tools and resources.
• Work with student employees and our SiteImprove tool to ensure high quality assurance and accessibility for Davidson.edu.
• Coordinate the creation of new faculty profiles before the start of each semester.
• Coordinate employee headshot sessions with the campus photographer and employees needing new headshots for the website.
• A passion for higher ed and marketing communications, including a basic understanding of digital and social media marketing.
• Detail-oriented, including a drive for problem-solving, innovation and results.
• Basic understanding of user-centered design principles, responsive design, usability, web accessibility, email marketing, social media and web analytics.
• Knowledge and experience working with Drupal CMS preferred.
• Ability to partner with internal clients on content development projects.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Takes initiative to understand and contribute to the achievement of goals and strategies.
• A strong work ethic, ability to multitask, demonstrated intellectual curiosity and personal accountability for achieving professional growth while completing assigned tasks.
Bachelor’s degree; relevant work experience (nonprofit, agency, or higher education setting preferred).