Donor Relations Coordinator
The Donor Relations Coordinator will be involved in all aspects of fund development, with a focus on overseeing strong processes and systems for high quality operations. The role will work with a select group of donors; be involved in planning, researching, and implementing best practices in solicitation and stewardship; and will have opportunities to represent Heart Tutoring externally, including supporting volunteer recruitment. This position reports to the Development Director and will be part of a 2.5-person development team that secures $1.5M-$1.8M in philanthropy. The ideal candidate exhibits Heart’s core values, has strong communication skills, and operates with a high level of attention to detail and organization skills. The Donor Relations Coordinator will be a reflective learner and will contribute positively to Heart’s team, maintaining a high bar of excellence. A position with Heart Math Tutoring provides opportunities for growth into new and increased responsibilities over time.
• Manage and implement the systems behind Heart Tutoring’s fund development operations.
• Assist with research, prospecting, meeting preparation, documentation, reports, and analysis.
• Execute the donation acknowledgements process.
• Manage Heart Tutoring’s donor database (Bloomerang), ensuring accurate, complete donor data.
• Support events, assuming major responsibility for event logistics and “day of” event management.
• In partnership with the Development Director, create, implement, and evaluate strategies that lead to sound donor prospecting, cultivation, segmenting, acknowledgement, recognition and stewardship.
• Engage and steward a select group of individual donors.
• With guidance from Development Director, manage and implement strategies for the year end mailing which accounts for ~50% of individual contributions.
• Support and/or manage aspects of additional development initiatives in line with capacity and need, including mailings, events, and a limited amount of grants.
• Actively participate in volunteer recruitment, working with team to recruit, retain, and support volunteer tutors.
• Serve as primary account manager for a selected number of organization partners. Set and meet goals for tutor recruitment from those partners.
• Serve as dual account manager for a selected number of organizations. Provide support and backup to your teammates to reach the recruitment goals.
• Leverage volunteers and the organizations they represent in fund development efforts.• Promote Heart Tutoring’s core values and positive culture throughout. Promote a culture of philanthropy and collaboration across functional areas.
• Inspire staff, volunteers and donors to act with urgency to ensure all students develop the strong foundation in math and enthusiasm for academics they need for long-term success.
• Be strategic in your use of time, leveraging volunteers (service enterprise) to accomplish your goals with efficiency and quality.
• Research, learn, and employ best practices in fund development to maintain a strong foundation for Heart Tutoring’s stewardship and solicitation efforts.
• Additional projects relevant to a candidate’s unique skills may be assigned. Responsibility is expected to build over time, as this person will be involved in all aspects of fund development.
• Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
• Strong computer skills, including but not limited to/ Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email and contact management, CRM tools, and file sharing systems.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including sharing the organization’s mission and priorities.
• Able to develop and maintain strong, respectful, and collaborative relationships with others.
• Strong work ethic, self-starter, comfortable working both with close direction and on your own.
• Excellent time management and problem-solving skills.
• Able to manage large amounts of information and analyze data, including proficiency with Excel.
• Bachelor Degree (preferred)
• Track record of excellent work product involving attention to details and precise planning.
• Demonstrated strength in building and managing donor/customer/team relations.
• Background or demonstrated interest in fundraising, recruitment, sales, business development, or marketing/communications.
• Background or demonstrated interest in Heart Tutoring’s mission.
• Student-centered – Put students’ interests at the center of all decisions.
• Gratitude – Recognize and express that it is a privilege to partner with schools and to do others’ philanthropic work.
• Growth-Mindset – Willing to reflect, learn, and grow, both individually and with the team, so we can be better equipped to advance Heart Tutoring’s mission.
• Precision and Professionalism – Believe in the importance of data and attention to detail. Ready to contribute to a high-touch experience for Heart Tutoring constituents.
• Civic Engagement – Value volunteerism and believes the community collectively has the resources needed to ensure all children have opportunity in their lives.
Submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org, use the subject line, “2020 Donor Relations Coordinator”, and address correspondence to Sally Dudley.
• Resume – standard format including education (GPA), work, and volunteer experience
• Cover letter – standard, 1-page format explaining your interest in the role and why you believe you are a good fit