Sports Business Journal is a globally recognized brand that is the go-to news and network source for thousands of sports business professionals. Producing breaking content every day, hosting over 20 events a year, and offering excellent content to thousands of subscribers, the task of recruiting participants to our events is an important one.
Sports Business Journal is seeking a Sales Executive based in Charlotte, NC to take ownership of a group of accounts that comprises executives in sports business companies including leagues, teams, brands, sports agencies, talent agencies, governing bodies, sports media, facility operators/designers/architects, and tech companies. The ideal candidate for will maximize attendance at SBJ’s various conferences and events.
• Scheduling calls with potential attendees to discuss their business goals and to position attendance at SBJ events as a way to achieve those goals
• Using compelling written and oral language with SBJ executives
• Achieving the productivity goals of weekly calls and email outreach
• Building an ongoing pipeline of active prospects by utilizing database resources, competitive attendee lists and online resources
• Maintaining an organized database of prospects and sales, and sales activities
• Understanding the specific buy/sell relationship of each conference and succinctly articulating the features and differentiating between events
• Working in a fast-paced, changing environment to help create new and improved processes
• Proven ability to work in a team environment
• Bachelor’s degree
• Proven track record (1-2 years) in telephone or face-to-face sales
• High-energy individual with ability to reach and surpass aggressive call and sales quotas
• Ability to close sales through a combination of telephone outreach and personalized emails
• Strong work ethic with ability to multitask between prospecting, cold calling and follow-up
• Professional telephone manner and excellent communication, writing, presentation and interpersonal skills and ability to conduct webinars
• Flexibility to work in a fluid work environment and to help create structure
Please send your resume and a cover note to Lorianne Lamonica at firstname.lastname@example.org.