Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and a world leader in experiential learning. The same commitment to connecting with the world drives our use-inspired research enterprise. The university offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate and graduate programs leading to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Our campuses in Charlotte, N.C., San Francisco, Seattle, and Toronto are regional platforms for undergraduate and graduate learning and collaborative research. Northeastern pursues advanced research in security and materials at the Innovation Campus in Burlington, Massachusetts, and in coastal sustainability at the Marine Science Center in Nahant, Massachusetts.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for creating, deploying, tracking and measuring integrated marketing strategies for degree program and audience-specific initiatives offered at Northeastern University, with a primary focus on Charlotte, North Carolina. Strategies must drive and support annual enrollment goals, increase awareness and contribute to the overall success of Northeastern University and its programs. Plans incorporate an integrated mix of appropriate tactics and media, such as online/web advertising, search engine marketing, direct mail, radio, social, web content, recruitment materials, etc. The Marketing Manager works in collaboration with the Director of Regional Marketing, the Enrollment Marketing and Admissions teams, Regional Dean and larger regional campus team to meet goals for assigned projects and portfolios.
• Define the overall marketing strategy, messaging and positioning for degree programs, sectors, audiences and initiatives across Northeastern University’s portfolio of degree programs offered in Charlotte.
• Develop and manage execution of marketing plans through effective project management and collaboration with central marketing and creative teams.
• Effectively track and measure campaign success and ROI through regular monitoring and reporting of data through the entire enrollment funnel; from lead generation and nurturing through enrollment.
• Work collaboratively with Marketing team to ensure that all marketing reflects consistent and timely on-brand messages that are regionally relevant. Serve as local branding SME to ensure consistent tone and voice.
• Build and maintain relationships with internal and external university partners and manage any local marketing vendors
• Utilize marketing automation tool (Marketo) and CRM (Salesforce) to attract and nurture prospective students through the enrollment process.
• Effectively manage the regional marketing budget for assigned degree programs, disciplines and initiatives.
• Coordinate with central communications team on any Public Relations outreach and oversee any local PR partners.
• Manage content strategy for local websites and social media channels for the campus.
• Primary location is Charlotte, NC. Regional marketing experience specific to the area preferred; including understanding of regional demographics and local media.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related field with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in marketing. Higher education experience a plus.
• Demonstrated success in developing and implementing integrated marketing strategies. Strong knowledge and experience in the development and implementation of marketing campaigns and strategies.
• Working knowledge and experience with a marketing automation tool and CRM tool a plus. Marketo and Salesforce experience preferable.
• Strong project management skills.
• Strong relationship building skills and ability to manage stakeholder expectations.
• Ability to think both analytically and strategically. Understanding of key marketing analytics including conversion rates and optimization.
• Experience with management of marketing budget.
• Flexible, creative thinker open to new ideas and changing priorities within a fast-paced organization.