For more than 160 years, we have been committed to supporting our customers, communities, employees and shareholders. At PNC, we are proud of our longstanding history of building strong communities that create financial opportunities for individuals, families and businesses.
The commitment to creating a differentiated experience for our customers is driven by our commitment to doing the same for our employees. That means providing employees with the opportunities to make an impact, develop and grow, and be part of an inclusive culture where everyone is valued. It’s how we make sure that we have the right people, in the right roles, doing their best work for our customers.
PNC also offers customers – from individuals and small businesses, to corporations and government entities – a wide range of products and services. No matter how simple or complicated your needs, we’re sure to have the products, knowledge and resources necessary to help you meet your financial goals.
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers.
As a Communications Lead of Regional Public Relations, you will be a member of The PNC Financial Services Group’s Corporate Communications department of approximately 90 professionals located in Pittsburgh, Cleveland and various markets across PNC’s footprint. You will be based in Charlotte, with responsibility for regional public and media relations, social media, and internal communications and issues management support in the East Carolina, West Carolina and St. Louis markets. Reporting to the Manager of Regional Media Relations, you will work closely with the regional presidents, local leadership for your respective markets and a cross-functional team of Corporate Communications and other internal partners, to provide strategic communications counsel and support and shape plans that advance PNC’s priorities in your respective markets.
• Work closely with the regional presidents, local leadership for your respective markets and a cross-functional team of Corporate Communications and other internal partners to provide strategic communications counsel and support and shape communications plans that advance PNC’s priorities in your respective markets.
• Provide regional public and media relations, social media and internal communications and issues management counsel in support of PNC and the market’s priorities. Support the corporation’s external responses to business issues and media questions, serving as PNC spokesperson as required.
• Develop relationships with media representatives (including reporters, writers, editors, publishers and all content generators) and place stories with regional, local, and trade media outlets as appropriate.
• Support proactive Corporate Communications through cross-functional planning and execution of media relations programs.
• Support regional presidents, local executives and business managers on external communication projects and issues and make recommendations that advance the objectives and values of the corporation.
• Report and measure the effectiveness of programs that are executed.
• Develops communication strategies in support of the strategic direction and oversees initiatives, materials, and staff priorities.
• Develops communication strategies; plans, researches, and develops content for complex communications initiatives.
• Identifies issues and opportunities, serves as trusted advisor to organization on all aspects of communication, and engages other parts of the organization to ensure strategic alignment, clarity, and accuracy of message.
• Coordinates final review and approval before internal or external communications are released.
• Leads project teams of increasing complexity, influences outcomes, and evaluates success as appropriate.
• Consults and advises on communications strategies based on data-driven insights.
• Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, communications or related field.
• Minimum of five years of corporate communications and/or news media experience required. Banking/financial experience preferred.
• Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
• Proven ability to build relationships with executives at all levels of the organization as well as news media representatives.
• Excellent storytelling capabilities across multiple media platforms and a strong record of media placements.
• Prior media relations work.
• Ability to provide appropriate and accurate counsel and advice to peers and senior executives.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• Ability to translate key strategic business or financial issues into messaging that resonates with external audiences.
• Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with online and social media communications channels.
• Able to travel to key PNC markets (30% travel).
• Customer Focused – Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
• Managing Risk – Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC’s Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
• Copywriting and Editing – Knowledge of a variety of formats, styles, and techniques for publishing materials; ability to develop and review these materials to promote business related activities.
• Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
• Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
• Influencing – Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies; ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization.
• Media Channel Management – Knowledge of different media channels (e.g. TV, radio, press, etc.); ability to evaluate and select the most preferable media outlets to ensure information is effectively delivered to target audiences.
• Organizational Communications – Knowledge of and ability to utilize the means, tools, techniques and media to communicate information about the organization internally and externally.
• Planning: Tactical, Strategic – Ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2 years) and strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the overall business plan.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.