Georgia Street Design is seeking a qualified and experienced full-time design assistant to support the owner and lead designer, Meredith Beregovski.
• Managing scheduling of client meetings and vendor appointments and weekly updates of calendar.
• Accompanying Meredith in meeting with clients at initial consultations to review design scope of project while documenting measurements, meeting notes, and taking photo documentation of the space.
• Assisting in estimation of project costs for initial design proposals.
• Sourcing product and materials for design boards and collaborating on design board presentation and selections.
• Receiving quotes and pricing on materials and entering information into Studio Web Ware database.
• Meeting vendors and subcontractors on project sites for quotes and estimates.
• Preparing budget proposals and quotes for clients.
• Creating orders and work orders for all product and custom work upon client approval and deposit and communicating with vendors and workrooms regarding.
• Overseeing, maintaining, and managing client projects from start to finish with consistent updates to client regarding progression and overseeing that projects are completed on time and without incident while adhering to budget.
• Updating anticipated ship dates and arrival time of items within Studio Web Ware.
• Handling correspondence between clients as well as vendors regarding project details and product.
• Serving as a liaison between the client, receiving warehouse, and subcontractors regarding scheduling deliveries and installations.
• Sourcing accessories for project installations.
• Meeting subcontractors such as drapery installers and electricians on site at installations.
• Assisting on installation days with furniture placement and accessorizing and styling of spaces. This is inclusive of some light furniture moving and unboxing of small items.
• Running errands related to client projects whether to pick up samples at showrooms or purchase accessories, etc.
• Helping aid in customer service inquiries and problems working to resolve in an efficient manner.
• Working with Meredith to help grow and expand the business.
• Working with office manager and accountant regarding client invoicing and vendor invoicing information providing documentation of all receipts and orders through Studio Web Ware.
• Availability to attend High Point Furniture market in Fall and Spring is a must.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or previous 3-5 years of relevant work experience in the interior design industry.
• Willingness and ability to travel for client consultations and installations in and around the Charlotte area with occasional travel outside of Charlotte. Reliable source of transportation a must.
• Knowledge of Studio Web Ware a plus.
• Knowledge of Mac computer, Google Suite, and Keynote software.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to contribute to a collaborative and creative environment.
• Paid personal time off and Holidays.
• This is a salaried position. Please submit salary requirements to be considered in addition to resume and portfolio.