Corporate Communications, Marketing & Outreach Associate (HIRED)
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Assists with system wide communication initiatives and coordinates activities that build awareness of the organization’s brand among teammates and community.
• Serves as a representative for Atrium Health and for the Corporate Communications, Marketing & Outreach team; coordinates and executes System-wide initiatives and provides excellent customer service in all interactions.
• Collaborates with the Manager(s) and other department leadership; assists with creation of programs that effectively integrate with Corporate Communications, Marketing & Outreach strategies and that are measurable in design and execution.
• Understands basic health care industry trends; Atrium Health performance trends as required. Familiar with data sources (internal & external); knows where to gather data based on requests.
• Communicates with department teammates and supervisor on a daily basis, helping with projects as needed. Informs appropriate person of project progress and/or difficulties.
• Prepares clear, concise and focused internal communication/ correspondence; asks questions to increase understanding.
• Develops and researches materials for media (local, national and international) and for internal and external corporate communications channels, including videos, articles, stories, news releases, media advisories, pitch letters and press kits.
• Routinely integrate with Corporate Communications team to ensure that corporate messages and pitches are communicated as intended, and to brainstorm content ideas and potential contacts, internal and external to the organization.
Works primarily in office environment. Occasional evening and weekend work. Position requires walking around campus and/or other facilities. Must be able to drive and have access/use of a personal vehicle. Requires reading materials, speaking clearly on the telephone, and operating computer keyboard. Occasional lifting of documents or supplies.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as public relations, communications, journalism or business required. Must be able to work quickly under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects at once. Excellent written and verbal skills required. Ability to set clear goals and execute projects from start to finish.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.