Lead Preschool Teacher
Covenant Presbyterian Church Child Development Center is seeking a full-time lead teachers for our toddler classroom and two’s classrooms. The brand new Child Development Center offers high-quality childcare and learning opportunities for all children regardless of race, ethnicity of socio-economic status.
• Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards, with the Creative Curriculum as a base.
• Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
• Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
• Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-Lead Teacher conferences.
• Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
• Ensure a healthy classroom environment – including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
• Supervise Teacher assistants and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
• Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
• Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
• Minimum of 2 years of professional childcare experience.
• Associate’s Degree or higher in early childhood education or related field of study with a minimum of 30 Credits in ECE.
• NC Childhood Credential.
• Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
• High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
• A strong understanding of child development.
• Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
• Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
Send your resume to Chris.Callaway@Covenantpresby.org.