The Ballantyne, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Charlotte welcomes guests with gracious service, elegant accommodations and abundant amenities. In 2018, the hotel experienced a multi-million dollar transformation that exudes a “New South” influence with a contemporary take on timeless design and style. Food & Beverage outlets include a Forbes four-star restaurant, in room dining and two bars. Gallery Restaurant serves contemporary American fare for breakfast, lunch and dinner daily and a brunch menu on the weekends. The menu changes seasonally to provide the freshest in-season ingredients. Exuding a lovely ambiance and al fresco dining, Gallery’s specialties include seasonal entrees and fresh seafood.
Coordinates, plans and supervises the production, preparation and presentation of food for Gallery Restaurant in a safe, sanitary work environment that complies with all quality and safety standards.
• Supervises the production, preparation and presentation of all food as assigned by the Executive Chef to ensure that a quality, consistent product is produced.
• Supervises staff in the production and preparation areas of the kitchen.
• Monitors and controls the maintenance and sanitation of the kitchen and equipment to ensure a healthy and sanitary work environment.
• Monitors and controls all labor and food costs through scheduling, training and supervising the production of food to ensure budgets are met while quality is maintained.
• Assists in creating and planning menus and daily specials.
• 1-2 years of post high school education
• 3-4 years of related experience
• Supervisory experience
• Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the food profession
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to pay close attention to detail
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends and holidays
• Ability to stand and move about kitchen for extended periods, walk, sit, kneel, talk, hear, grasp and perform repetitive motions
• Ability to push, pull, lift, carry or otherwise move objects throughout course of shift, including food products and small equipment