The Ballantyne, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Charlotte welcomes guests with gracious service, elegant accommodations and abundant amenities. In 2018, the hotel experienced a multi-million dollar transformation that exudes a “New South” influence with a contemporary take on timeless design and style. Food & Beverage outlets include Gallery Restaurant, a Forbes four-star restaurant, in room dining and two bars. Gallery Restaurant serves contemporary American fare for breakfast, lunch and dinner daily and a brunch menu on the weekends. The menu changes seasonally to provide the freshest in-season ingredients. Exuding a lovely ambiance and al fresco dining, Gallery’s specialties include seasonal entrees and fresh seafood.
Under direction of the Director of Restaurants & Bars, manages the daily operations of the Forbes four-star Gallery Restaurant to ensure guests have a memorable dining experience that exceeds their expectations. Additional areas of responsibility include managing one or more of the hotel’s F&B outlets (in room dining, Veranda and Gallery bars, afternoon tea, spa meal deliveries and seasonal outdoor pool) as needed.
• Supervises the daily operations of Gallery Restaurant (breakfast, lunch or dinner service) to ensure quality service delivery and guest satisfaction.
• Assists team members on the restaurant floor during peak meal periods.
• Oversees the daily operations of other assigned F&B outlets.
• Interviews, trains and coaches Bartenders, Servers and Server Assistants.
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, financial objectives and operational needs are met.
• Monitors department’s revenues and expenses and strives to maximize financial performance in areas of responsibility.
• Conducts daily pre-shift meetings to discuss daily specials, brand training topics, special events and other F&B related information.
• Responds quickly to guest requests and concerns in a friendly and professional manner.
• Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Conducts monthly liquor and supplies inventories.
• Monitors sanitation of F&B outlets to ensure compliance with OSHA and health department regulations.
• Acts as a Forbes and Marriott brand champion by conducting training, acting as a role model and enforcing standards.
• Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, business administration or related field preferred
• 4+ years of related management experience, preferably in a Forbes four or five star hotel or restaurant
• Micros experience helpful
• Strong leadership skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Office
• Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
• Ability to walk and move about the restaurant floor for extended periods, sit, bend, talk, hear, stand, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions
• Ability to push, pull, lift, carry or otherwise move items up to 25 lbs.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.