Duke Energy, the largest electric power holding company in the United States, is committed to making life better for millions of people every day – brighter, more convenient, more comfortable, more efficient, more productive and more sustainable. At Duke Energy, you’ll find exciting roles, competitive compensation and benefits, recognition, growth opportunities and great work-life balance.
Duke Energy’s Corporate Audit Services Department delivers world-class internal audit services that enable Duke Energy to achieve superior performance. You will work in high-performing teams that add value, drive effective risk management, enhance operational efficiency, and facilitate constructive change while also focusing on employee and professional development.
The Senior Consultant – Corporate Audit Services will serve as a member of the Corporate Audit Services Department of Duke Energy. This position will be based in Charlotte, NC. Travel will be required at approximately 10% and generally will not exceed 25%. This position will report administratively to an Audit Manager, but will work in a matrix environment for increased career growth and diversity.
• Work within a collaborative, team environment and contribute to the successful execution of operational and financial audits and consulting engagements, including delivering high quality audit documentation and audit deliverables
• Plan and execute risk-based audit assignments with minimal supervision, including oversight of the day-to-day activities of assigned audit staff personnel, where applicable
• Gather and analyze data, using reasoning and logic, and draw appropriate conclusions
• Evaluate the design and effectiveness of processes with an appropriate level of professional skepticism
• Monitor and track the status of post-audit action plans and perform follow-up procedures to validate implementation and risk mitigation
• Build and maintain effective relationships with audit customers including various levels of management
• Participate in annual risk assessment processes, including the identification of key risks across the enterprise and development of the annual audit plan
• Exhibit a sense of urgency in completing assigned tasks for audits, initiatives and other department projects in accordance with prescribed milestones
• Develop and maintain current knowledge of matters impacting the energy industry and the company
• Bachelor’s in business, accounting, or other business related field
• Five or more years of work experience related to the above degrees
• Master’s degree
• Internal and/or external auditing experience, preferably from a large public accounting firm
• Public accounting experience (Big Four / large regional) – Holds or is working towards CPA or other certification (e.g., CIA, CFE, Six Sigma)
• Holds an advanced degree, such as an MBA or Master of Accounting
• Utilities/energy industry experience
• Written and oral communication skills with ability to tailor messages for a variety of levels of management
• Resourcefulness when managing through ambiguity, including complex audit projects
• Ability to work Independent and balance multiple projects
• Ability to identify and assess risks and impacts and develop and manage the scope of audits accordingly
• Acknowledgement of customer needs and expectations and ability to adjust tasks accordingly to add value to the business – Project management and supervisory experience
• Data analytics experience
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.