This position processes all contribution deposits, accounts payable, accounts receivable, weekly recording and reporting of all cash receipts.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field with five to seven years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience; Computer knowledge – Microsoft Office, internet/intranet and database concepts; experience with Shelby preferred but not required.
• Process all contribution deposits – including counting Sunday offerings (with at least one other approved staff person) and daily contributions
• Process cash receipts for all MPPC funds received weekly
• Process all invoices for payment after proper approval (once per week), issue checks, and maintain accounts payable register and vendor files
• Request W-9 forms from all 1099 vendor
• Distribute envelopes deposited in the safe
• Maintain Standard Operating Procedures manual for Accounting Associate operations
• Serve as a Backup to other Finance department staff
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Ability to organize and initiate work with a minimum of supervision
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team to produce results
• Ability to interface and respond to questions from members and vendors
• Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships
• Ability to effectively communicate through verbal, written, or electronic means
• Understanding of work flow in order to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrate strong organizational skills
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
• Ability to read and interpret complex documents
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment to MPPC’s mission
Qualified applicants please submit a cover letter and resume to Lynn Williams (email@example.com).